Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Hate

Hall of Famer
#90 : January 24, 2013, 07:54:58 PM

Jason La Canfora says that the Jets are pretty desperate to get something for him while they can cuz they won't have enough cap to keep him from being a FA in 2013 and they can't tag him according to his contract. We might be able to trade Eric Wright and a 4th Rounder for Darelle Revis but it depends on what else teams are offering.

This post gave me a good laugh.  Anyone who things the Jets would trade Revis for a 4th doesn't know one damn thing about the NFL.   Eric Wright has zero value.

I say, trade Freeman, Foster, the Bucs first round pick in 2014, the Bucs 2nd round pick in 2013 for Tebow and Revis.   Then draft te'o in the first round.

The irony in this post is ridiculous!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

holiday21

Rookie

#91 : January 24, 2013, 08:02:43 PM

I would've traded that 1st for him yesterday.

Jutt

Starter
#92 : January 24, 2013, 08:06:16 PM

I would've traded that 1st for him yesterday.

As long as we can get that contract situation worked out with him. I would do it too.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#93 : January 24, 2013, 08:14:49 PM

I'm on the fence. He's a great talent at a position of need, but he is also a diva and a prick. He holds out every other year for more money, he has had injury issues the last three years, and he talks too much. I'm not sure I want any thing to do with a Jets player. He might be contagious.

I mean the guy isn't content making $11M a year and he has thrown his coaches and fellow players under the bus to the media on several occasions.....do we really need that headache?
The more I think about it, the more I agree with this stance.  He was a great player before the ACL, but who knows if he comes back at full strength?  Would he be willing to sign a incentive laden contract that protects the Bucs if he's not the same player?  Not sure he's worth the risks anymore.

Ironworker808

Second String

#94 : January 24, 2013, 10:43:51 PM

Held out every other year?

I can only find where he held out one time, for one month.

Link?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#95 : January 25, 2013, 10:33:28 AM

What about this?

If he doesn't want to agree to a long term deal at your salary level, then you trade for him(maybe not as much, since it is just for one year) and you have him prove his worth in that one season?

As long as the trade doesn't require us to give up too much to get that one year of service, it might not be that bad.  Actually, though, the more I think about this now, I don't like the way it sounds.  When he hits FA, he could easily walk for a number of reasons, leaving us minus whatever draft pick we traded him, and in the same boat needing a corner. 

You guys are right, the contract thing has to be resolved, and now I am getting a little more wary.  This Revis thing is starting to look like many expensive purchases, which run a great risk of suffering buyers remorse not far down the road.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#96 : January 25, 2013, 10:41:20 AM

That dude is a freakin' cancer....with no cure.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools