Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets are shopping Revis. Are you interested? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
: January 23, 2013, 08:17:06 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/report-woody-johnson-wants-to-explore-a-darrelle-revis-trade/

It is rare that the best defensive player in the league may be available for a trade in a huge position of need. He will be an UFA in 2014 so you can probably get him for a 1st or 2nd rounder as the Jets wont be able to re-sign him and are in rebuilding mode and just want to get something for him while they can. He is coming off an ACL tear so there is some risk involved in trading for him. Do you wait until 2014 to make sure he is fully healed to go after him but then get into a bidding war and may lose him to another team.

Very intriguing situation but if this is true, then I think the Bucs have to be interested
: January 23, 2013, 08:25:26 PM Ft Myers Buc Fan

Jutt

Starter
#1 : January 23, 2013, 08:19:34 PM

haha...we made this thread at the same time.

On topic though..i think we should make an effort to get him. Obviously the asking price will be high, but i wonder how high Dom is willing to go?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 23, 2013, 08:20:33 PM

I would think the Bucs would be interested. I wonder how he's doing health wise. If he's healed he's easily worth a first rounder.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 23, 2013, 08:22:42 PM

On topic though..i think we should make an effort to get him. Obviously the asking price will be high, but i wonder how high Dom is willing to go?

Considering the Jets will most likely lose Shaun Greene in FA, I would trade our 1st rounder and Blount. I think you can lowball the Jets as they cant re-sign him and the Bucs have the cap room to give Revis the big deal he wants

Jutt

Starter
#4 : January 23, 2013, 08:25:29 PM

Considering the Jets will most likely lose Shaun Greene in FA, I would trade our 1st rounder and Blount. I think you can lowball the Jets as they cant re-sign him and the Bucs have the cap room to give Revis the big deal he wants

I was thinking along those lines as well. Blount would be an upgrade over Greene, and an additional 1st rounder would be great since technically they are rebuilding.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#5 : January 23, 2013, 08:26:46 PM

I think we might be able to trade Eric Wright, Blount and a 4th for Revis and that would get rid of some good players that we don't really use and get the best CB in the NFL right now

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 23, 2013, 08:29:59 PM

I think we might be able to trade Eric Wright, Blount and a 4th for Revis and that would get rid of some good players that we don't really use and get the best CB in the NFL right now

I dont think the Jets want and can afford Wright's contract but that would be a dream trade for us!!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 23, 2013, 08:30:17 PM

1st and Blount in a heartbeat. Or Blount and a mid round pick. Revis is by far better than any CB in this draft.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

geetech84

Starter

#8 : January 23, 2013, 08:36:13 PM

Depends on the asking price, no way a team give up a 1st.. I can't see Buc's giving up their 1st..maybe a 3rd and a one of the 4th pick, throw in Blount, in the deal too ..for Revis

Jets can not ask for a lot, because teams know their in cap trouble, and if it's to much, they will pass ..and wait for them to release him...

And I can't see Jets releasing him, because the fear of the Patriots getting Revis...Jets  would want him out of the AFC ..
: January 23, 2013, 08:43:00 PM geetech84

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 23, 2013, 08:38:12 PM

1st and Blount in a heartbeat. Or Blount and a mid round pick. Revis is by far better than any CB in this draft.

The key here is that the ACL surgery was a complete success. The Jets are a complete mess and will have to sell low and the Bucs have the perfect situation to make this deal happen. If the Bucs feel he will be back to 100%, they need to make this happen

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 23, 2013, 09:32:53 PM

The key here is that the ACL surgery was a complete success. The Jets are a complete mess and will have to sell low and the Bucs have the perfect situation to make this deal happen. If the Bucs feel he will be back to 100%, they need to make this happen

Never part ways with a 1st round pick, especially one of the top 15.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#11 : January 23, 2013, 09:40:20 PM

I would trade this years 2nd and 4th, and next years 1st. But the first rounder would need to be contingent upon either him playing all 16 games or some statistical performance. Also, like everyone else, I would gladly get rid of Blount, Wright, or both of them if the Jets were interested.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 23, 2013, 09:40:43 PM

Never part ways with a 1st round pick, especially one of the top 15.

In the large majority of situations,  I would agree with you but this is a premium player at a premium position. In hindsight, would you have given up a 1st rounder for Jared Allen like the Vikings did?  We passed on that golden opportunity, lets not make the same mistake again

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 23, 2013, 09:55:01 PM

If they'd take a 2nd and Blount then you do it in a heartbeat. i can see giving them our first but we have to get a pick back in return.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 23, 2013, 10:11:47 PM

Just saw this tweet from Justin Pawlowski:

Justin Pawlowski ‏@CommishOnline
New #Jets GM John Idzik was assistant GM for #Bucs from 2001-04 while #Bucs GM Mark Dominik was Director of Pro Personnel during same time.

The plot thickens.......
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets are shopping Revis. Are you interested? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools