Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets are shopping Revis. Are you interested? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 23, 2013, 10:16:59 PM

If they'd take a 2nd and Blount then you do it in a heartbeat. i can see giving them our first but we have to get a pick back in return.

I think the Jets are trying to stockpile picks for their rebuilding process, so I don't think they will want to give up any picks.  Perhaps, a package like a 2nd and Blount in 2013, and a 3rd in 2014 and a conditional 6th (if Revis plays hits playing time minimums)

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 23, 2013, 10:22:07 PM

If they'd take a 2nd and Blount then you do it in a heartbeat. i can see giving them our first but we have to get a pick back in return.

I think the Jets are trying to stockpile picks for their rebuilding process, so I don't think they will want to give up any picks.  Perhaps, a package like a 2nd and Blount in 2013, and a 3rd in 2014 and a conditional 6th (if Revis plays hits playing time minimums)

If not, possibly swap a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. A first straight up for a player who's due a new HUGE contract shortly just does,'t seem prudent at this stage of our teams growth.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 23, 2013, 10:24:30 PM

If not, possibly swap a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. A first straight up for a player who's due a new HUGE contract shortly just does,'t seem prudent at this stage of our teams growth.

I agree that is is a risky move and we would have to immediately sign Revis to a big deal but the Bucs have been "rebuilding" for years now....I think the Bucs are ready for a bold move

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 23, 2013, 10:25:56 PM

Just saw this tweet from Justin Pawlowski:

Justin Pawlowski ‏@CommishOnline
New #Jets GM John Idzik was assistant GM for #Bucs from 2001-04 while #Bucs GM Mark Dominik was Director of Pro Personnel during same time.

The plot thickens.......

Nice!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 23, 2013, 10:30:12 PM

New #Jets GM John Idzik was assistant GM for #Bucs from 2001-04 while #Bucs GM Mark Dominik was Director of Pro Personnel during same time.

The plot thickens.......

Nice!!!

It is obviously very early in the process and many things can happen.  However, the stars are aligned for the Bucs in this situation and if the decision is made by the Glazers, MD and Schiano to get Revis, I truly believe they can.   The only troubling part of this is that there will be competition for Revis and this could lead to overspending with draft picks and that worries me.  The ace in the hole the Bucs have is that they can sign Revis to the big deal he wants and of course, Dominik's and the Glazer's relationship with Idzik

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 23, 2013, 10:33:10 PM

Hmmm, maybe the stars are aligning for us. The team has been aggressive recently and the have the money to do it again. Hopefully we can make it happen.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#21 : January 23, 2013, 10:53:29 PM

For the right price say; a 2nd rounder & 4th rounder I'd do it. Revis would be great

Jutt

Starter
#22 : January 23, 2013, 11:00:53 PM

Hopefully the football Gods shine on us yall

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 23, 2013, 11:27:42 PM

Jutt, it is time.

In Verner We Trust

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 24, 2013, 12:35:50 AM

Freeman and Blount. They need a QB, they need a RB. Give them the Talib 4th and maybe take back Kyle Wilson as a reclimation project.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : January 24, 2013, 01:09:30 AM

The plot thickens.......

Nice!!!

It is obviously very early in the process and many things can happen.  However, the stars are aligned for the Bucs in this situation and if the decision is made by the Glazers, MD and Schiano to get Revis, I truly believe they can.   The only troubling part of this is that there will be competition for Revis and this could lead to overspending with draft picks and that worries me.  The ace in the hole the Bucs have is that they can sign Revis to the big deal he wants and of course, Dominik's and the Glazer's relationship with Idzik

This is perfectly setup for the Bucs to acquire Tebow and Revis in a package deal.   Stay tuned!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 24, 2013, 01:47:39 AM

Man, revis is the kind of guy that would really help this defense. It's almost designed to have that shutdown corner out there or it won't work.

He's deffinately one of the best, and in this division, having a guy like that isn't just a luxury, it's survival.

Honestly, I think Dom would do this. Revis seems like the type of player Dom would reach for. Still young, has experiance, physical specimen, fills a need.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : January 24, 2013, 01:52:52 AM

Every team in the NFL will want Revis.   He will likely be traded for 2 first round picks if he's traded.   He's the best there is.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 24, 2013, 02:10:34 AM

Every team in the NFL will want Revis.   He will likely be traded for 2 first round picks if he's traded.   He's the best there is.

Hardly.

Half the NFL maybe. Some teams have a set backfield, others are cashstrapped, and some might not be interested because of the injury or holdout issues.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 24, 2013, 09:13:39 AM

Not sure how interested I am in giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a 27 year old CB who contract expires at the end of the year.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets are shopping Revis. Are you interested? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools