Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 45th pick of the draft, the Buccaneers select...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 24, 2013, 08:07:21 AM

Does Jdouble have his 2013 man crush so soon ??

Yes.   And 1sparkybuc has sand in his vag.

JoshMcCrownUs

Second String
#16 : January 24, 2013, 08:20:30 AM

Sold. If anything would make a great mike will replacement in case he walks in FA. Would also complement VJax perfectly.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 24, 2013, 09:01:00 AM

Sold. If anything would make a great mike will replacement in case he walks in FA. Would also complement VJax perfectly.

i didnt watch his films so forgive me for asking, but isnt bailey listed at 5'10?  how is that a mike will replacement?

i like the logan ryan idea better.  or the zach ertz.  or a RT.  or a speed rusher.  or a safety.  or a DT.  or a SLB.  or even a QB.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 24, 2013, 09:03:46 AM

I only watched the first video....

Initially I like his quickness, agility and balance. He is shorter but seems to have the bulk to run a slant route across the middle on 3rd and 5. He has great hands and shows good technique catching the ball on that one diving catch out of the endzone.

I'm concerned about his route running as many of his catches are with him wide open due to the offense he plays in, but he did win some points back when he shortened/shallowed a few routes to cut off defenders breaking on the ball.

We need a slot WR badly, I like this guy, I'd like him better at the top of the 3rd than mid 2nd. Nice find JD.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 24, 2013, 09:14:57 AM

Too early to take a slot guy. If we get a slot guy that early, he better be an elite KR/PR too. Give me Tavon Austin please.

big_JLB

Starter

#20 : January 24, 2013, 09:27:27 AM

Will Davis - Utah State ... Dude is a natural man corner, literally shuts down half the field. Also had a pick in each of the last 5 games of his season. Guy is a baller

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 24, 2013, 10:04:14 AM

mike williams replacemant? if this team let one its core players walk and and get a slot wr to replace him mark needs to be fired as a gm asap.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 24, 2013, 10:33:54 AM

mike williams replacemant? if this team let one its core players walk and and get a slot wr to replace him mark needs to be fired as a gm asap.
This and also to many other glaring needs.  Would rather go D with this pick but as someone else said it depends on how FA goes.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 24, 2013, 11:51:48 AM

mike williams replacement? if this team let one its core players walk and and get a slot wr to replace him mark needs to be fired as a gm asap.

Yup. If there is one player on the roster who needs to be extended, it's Mike Williams. Letting him walk would be unforgivable.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 24, 2013, 12:22:47 PM

This and also to many other glaring needs.  Would rather go D with this pick but as someone else said it depends on how FA goes.

I believe we'll go heavy defense in free agency.

Draft Aaron Donald

JoshMcCrownUs

Second String
#25 : January 24, 2013, 12:24:01 PM

mike williams replacement? if this team let one its core players walk and and get a slot wr to replace him mark needs to be fired as a gm asap.

Yup. If there is one player on the roster who needs to be extended, it's Mike Williams. Letting him walk would be unforgivable.

Id love me some mike will for the long term. But I'm just thinking ahead in case he becomes too pricey. Not many teams can afford to pay two stud wideouts, and he might want to be paid like one. As for the height diffeerences, they're differrnt kinds of players, different skill set. Bailey also looks like a burner, something we still need. It also looks like he has long ass arms and had some physical plays where he snatches the ball away from people, which makes me challenge the assumption that hes limited to the slot on the next level.

Lastly, watchin the vids kindly posted by JDub, he strikes me as a total natural, very fluid and seems to do a lot of things effortlessly, the way stars tend to do. I think there may be something here.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 24, 2013, 12:26:50 PM

Height doesn't matter. This kid is Steve Smith like. He's much more than just a slot receiver.

Draft Aaron Donald

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 24, 2013, 12:33:26 PM

Height doesn't matter. This kid is Steve Smith like. He's much more than just a slot receiver.
People said the same thing about golden tate. (not that he's bad or anything)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 24, 2013, 12:34:56 PM

Id love me some mike will for the long term. But I'm just thinking ahead in case he becomes too pricey. Not many teams can afford to pay two stud wideouts, and he might want to be paid like one. As for the height diffeerences, they're differrnt kinds of players, different skill set. Bailey also looks like a burner, something we still need. It also looks like he has long ass arms and had some physical plays where he snatches the ball away from people, which makes me challenge the assumption that hes limited to the slot on the next level.

Lastly, watchin the vids kindly posted by JDub, he strikes me as a total natural, very fluid and seems to do a lot of things effortlessly, the way stars tend to do. I think there may be something here.

I don't believe that the price for Williams will go north of $10M per year. I would prefer that he was somewhere around the $8mil range, but if it took $10mil to keep him around...so be it. I love Bailey, and would be ecstatic if he was selected....but selecting him in no way makes Mike Williams expendable in my eyes.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#29 : January 24, 2013, 12:43:44 PM

I believe we'll go heavy defense in free agency.
If that's the case it would make me feel better about drafting an OL,TE,WR or whatever on that side of the ball.  But we have to fill the holes on the D side or we're in for another season like last.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 45th pick of the draft, the Buccaneers select...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools