Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 45th pick of the draft, the Buccaneers select...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 24, 2013, 02:18:05 PM

I'd much prefer Sharrif Floyd as our 2nd pick. We need another DT more than we need a 3rd or 4th WR. Floyd is versatile having played DE and DT and he wrecks havoc in backfields. I think he could replace Miller by the later part of his first yr.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 24, 2013, 05:58:17 PM

We'll get a solid DT in free agency and draft Brandon Williams from Missouri Southern in the later rounds.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 24, 2013, 05:59:39 PM

Height doesn't matter. This kid is Steve Smith like. He's much more than just a slot receiver.
People said the same thing about golden tate. (not that he's bad or anything)

Golden Tate is coming around. He's not bad. However, if you watch his film and then watch Stedman Bailey's film, you will see they are nothing alike.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 24, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Also, Mike Williams isn't going anywhere. He's 25 years old and he'll get a 5 or 6 year deal next year.

Vincent Jackson is great and all, but at age 30, he is not guaranteed to be around real long. If he plays at a high level for the remaining four years on his contract we will be lucky. He's at that age where some guy's skills just drop off a cliff. Hopefully that isn't the case with Jackson, but you sure as hell don't let Mike Williams walk in this scenario.

Supreme

Starter

#34 : January 24, 2013, 07:23:16 PM

Height doesn't matter. This kid is Steve Smith like. He's much more than just a slot receiver.

Exactly who I think of when I watched him play. Kid is tough as hell and plays beyond his height.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#35 : January 24, 2013, 07:36:45 PM

mike williams replacement? if this team let one its core players walk and and get a slot wr to replace him mark needs to be fired as a gm asap.

Yup. If there is one player on the roster who needs to be extended, it's Mike Williams. Letting him walk would be unforgivable.

Id love me some mike will for the long term. But I'm just thinking ahead in case he becomes too pricey. Not many teams can afford to pay two stud wideouts, and he might want to be paid like one. As for the height diffeerences, they're differrnt kinds of players, different skill set. Bailey also looks like a burner, something we still need. It also looks like he has long ass arms and had some physical plays where he snatches the ball away from people, which makes me challenge the assumption that hes limited to the slot on the next level.

Lastly, watchin the vids kindly posted by JDub, he strikes me as a total natural, very fluid and seems to do a lot of things effortlessly, the way stars tend to do. I think there may be something here.

I know Mike Williams' Agent. Maybe I can arrange something...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 25, 2013, 10:40:00 AM

With any luck at all - Tavon Austin.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 14, 2013, 10:45:14 PM

Ok....with the 73rd pick of the draft the Buccaneers select...

Stedman Bailey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWLXrlF8SE

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#38 : March 15, 2013, 12:57:51 AM

Why the sudden change to him being a 3rd round pick and not a 2nd rounder?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 15, 2013, 07:18:12 AM

I've had him as our third round pick for quite awhile now. Just felt like posting this new career highlight reel. Not sure he'll make it to us in the 3rd, and since we have done nothing to fill our needs in FA we'll probably  won't be taking a slot that early anyways....but he's one of my favorite guys in this draft.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With the 45th pick of the draft, the Buccaneers select...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools