Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lewis vs Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Jutt

Starter
#15 : January 23, 2013, 06:08:51 PM

No love for Antoine Cason?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 23, 2013, 06:11:25 PM

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=95273

Jutt

Starter
#17 : January 23, 2013, 07:09:27 PM

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=95273

Interesting find. Thanks for the link. I tend to take some fans opinions with a grain of salt though. Charles Rodgers wasnt highly touted as a FA coming from Washington, but he turned it on when he got to SF. Granted that was a pretty good defense, but stranger things have happened.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 23, 2013, 07:18:34 PM

Think there's a less then 5 % chance smith makes it to free agency. If he does tho we definantly have to throw finnegan type money at him to get him. I do like lewis tho he's a nickelback but idk if he would really be too much of an improvement over wright and doubt he'd be much cheaper. We definantly need at least one cb from fa and one early round corner one late developmental corner, if we dont re sign biggers (who I think we should).

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 23, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

Think there's a less then 5 % chance smith makes it to free agency. If he does tho we definantly have to throw finnegan type money at him to get him. I do like lewis tho he's a nickelback but idk if he would really be too much of an improvement over wright and doubt he'd be much cheaper. We definantly need at least one cb from fa and one early round corner one late developmental corner, if we dont re sign biggers (who I think we should).

I would say its more like 50% chance IMO.

They may want to tag Long.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 23, 2013, 10:36:47 PM

True. I forgot about long. But Smith is arguably a top 3 player on their team you don't let them kinda guys go if your already talent deficient.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#21 : January 23, 2013, 11:54:09 PM

True. I forgot about long. But Smith is arguably a top 3 player on their team you don't let them kinda guys go if your already talent deficient.
You do if you're far apart on contract talks, and don't believe the player is worth the 10.6 million a franchise tag would cost.  Just because you have a tag to use, doesn't mean you have to use it.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lewis vs Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools