Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Women in combat? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 31, 2013, 11:30:30 PM

I still like the bj idea.    I do think we should provide sex for our troops when they are stationed in places like Iraq.    I think we should have women in the miltary as sexual concubines to "service" our servicemen.     The butch ones can go ahead and fight on the front lines, I have no problem with that.    But the hot ones could be put to better use.    Our country hasn't figured it out yet.
It worked in the civil war. They had camps of them follow the soldiers.  I think the term hooker came from General Joseph Hooker. 

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#46 : January 31, 2013, 11:55:33 PM

I still like the bj idea.    I do think we should provide sex for our troops when they are stationed in places like Iraq.    I think we should have women in the miltary as sexual concubines to "service" our servicemen.     The butch ones can go ahead and fight on the front lines, I have no problem with that.    But the hot ones could be put to better use.    Our country hasn't figured it out yet.
It worked in the civil war. They had camps of them follow the soldiers.  I think the term hooker came from General Joseph Hooker.

That's the main reason the North won that war.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 01, 2013, 07:55:15 AM

" That's the main reason the North won that war."

Umm... you might wanna read up on that a bit first.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 01, 2013, 09:36:36 AM

" That's the main reason the North won that war."

Umm... you might wanna read up on that a bit first.

I ready the guy's bio before even posting that last post.   Interesting stuff and I'm thankful to bayfisher for pointing it out.   So the dude lost one battle to Lee.   Big deal.    Those Hookers were instrumental in the Union winning that war.   

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#49 : February 01, 2013, 10:32:50 AM

His reputation among the soldiers was that he was always drunk. He was relieved of his command. Yeah, I get that you hate women, but that's an insufficient reason to try rewriting history.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 01, 2013, 07:51:04 PM

Sorry, but you are very wrong.    I LOVE women.   They are the most enjoyable thing in this world.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 01, 2013, 09:08:39 PM

Good for you Java - now, about the nonsense of women in the front lines where hand to hand combat is likely - stupid idea, even for Panetta and Barry.  American men in battle are likely to be overly protective increasing risk to both, and women will simply not be physically able perform at the required level.  This is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  When that happens old Leon and Barry should be trotted out to fill the emptied spots their decision created.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

spartan

Hall of Famer
#52 : February 01, 2013, 11:40:14 PM

Good for you Java - now, about the nonsense of women in the front lines where hand to hand combat is likely - stupid idea, even for Panetta and Barry.  American men in battle are likely to be overly protective increasing risk to both, and women will simply not be physically able perform at the required level.  This is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  When that happens old Leon and Barry should be trotted out to fill the emptied spots their decision created.

You know I get mixed the more I think about this. Despite the fact I believe there are 'admin' issues that could cause problems, I think Java has a bit of a backhanded point. And, that is, what if you have a hot chick in your platoon? What are mens reaction going to be and how to you as a platoon leader deal with it?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#53 : February 02, 2013, 02:17:45 AM

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#54 : February 02, 2013, 07:59:50 AM

You know I get mixed the more I think about this. Despite the fact I believe there are 'admin' issues that could cause problems, I think Java has a bit of a backhanded point. And, that is, what if you have a hot chick in your platoon? What are mens reaction going to be and how to you as a platoon leader deal with it?
Ray's comments identify the issue but not the way he intended.  I don't believe there needs to be a hot chick - simply a woman who is in distress, and then the natural reaction of a male friend or acquaintance could well lead to the social response - which might well not match up with the need of the military unit.  Added to the physical shortcomings and the makings of a disaster of lack of trust between the personnel have been sown.  And naturally I could be entirely wrong. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#55 : February 02, 2013, 10:08:48 AM

Is this "Women in Combat" rule what kept Morgana at the nurse's station?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#56 : February 02, 2013, 11:46:50 PM

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#57 : February 05, 2013, 07:46:20 AM

This can;t hurt recruiting either . Where do I sign up ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#58 : February 05, 2013, 08:09:55 AM

This can;t hurt recruiting either . Where do I sign up ?

Here's the reality.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#59 : February 05, 2013, 08:34:09 AM

Women in the Navy used to be called Women Accepted for Voluntary Emergency Service. But then the sailors came up with the 'Join the Navy and ride the WAVES' slogan, so the Navy changed it to WINS, for Women In Naval Service. Or so the story goes.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Women in combat? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools