Boards > Pirate's Cove

Women in combat?

<< < (6/7) > >>

JavaRay:
Sorry, but you are very wrong.    I LOVE women.   They are the most enjoyable thing in this world.   

dbucfan:
Good for you Java - now, about the nonsense of women in the front lines where hand to hand combat is likely - stupid idea, even for Panetta and Barry.  American men in battle are likely to be overly protective increasing risk to both, and women will simply not be physically able perform at the required level.  This is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  When that happens old Leon and Barry should be trotted out to fill the emptied spots their decision created.

spartan:

--- Quote from: dbucfan on February 01, 2013, 09:08:39 PM ---Good for you Java - now, about the nonsense of women in the front lines where hand to hand combat is likely - stupid idea, even for Panetta and Barry.  American men in battle are likely to be overly protective increasing risk to both, and women will simply not be physically able perform at the required level.  This is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  When that happens old Leon and Barry should be trotted out to fill the emptied spots their decision created.

--- End quote ---

You know I get mixed the more I think about this. Despite the fact I believe there are 'admin' issues that could cause problems, I think Java has a bit of a backhanded point. And, that is, what if you have a hot chick in your platoon? What are mens reaction going to be and how to you as a platoon leader deal with it?

JavaRay:

dbucfan:

--- Quote from: spartan on February 01, 2013, 11:40:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: dbucfan on February 01, 2013, 09:08:39 PM ---Good for you Java - now, about the nonsense of women in the front lines where hand to hand combat is likely - stupid idea, even for Panetta and Barry.  American men in battle are likely to be overly protective increasing risk to both, and women will simply not be physically able perform at the required level.  This is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.  When that happens old Leon and Barry should be trotted out to fill the emptied spots their decision created.

--- End quote ---

You know I get mixed the more I think about this. Despite the fact I believe there are 'admin' issues that could cause problems, I think Java has a bit of a backhanded point. And, that is, what if you have a hot chick in your platoon? What are mens reaction going to be and how to you as a platoon leader deal with it?

--- End quote ---
Ray's comments identify the issue but not the way he intended.  I don't believe there needs to be a hot chick - simply a woman who is in distress, and then the natural reaction of a male friend or acquaintance could well lead to the social response - which might well not match up with the need of the military unit.  Added to the physical shortcomings and the makings of a disaster of lack of trust between the personnel have been sown.  And naturally I could be entirely wrong. 

Biggs3535:
Is this "Women in Combat" rule what kept Morgana at the nurse's station?

JavaRay:

Dolorous Jason:

--- Quote from: JavaRay on February 02, 2013, 02:17:45 AM ---

--- End quote ---

This can;t hurt recruiting either . Where do I sign up ?

JavaRay:

--- Quote from: Dolorous Jason on February 05, 2013, 07:46:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: JavaRay on February 02, 2013, 02:17:45 AM ---

--- End quote ---

This can;t hurt recruiting either . Where do I sign up ?

--- End quote ---

Here's the reality.

Chief Joseph:

Women in the Navy used to be called Women Accepted for Voluntary Emergency Service. But then the sailors came up with the 'Join the Navy and ride the WAVES' slogan, so the Navy changed it to WINS, for Women In Naval Service. Or so the story goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version