Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Fisher at #13 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#30 : January 25, 2013, 12:13:39 AM

We're pretty thin behind VJax and MW.

how many teams have stud WR's behind 2 1000 yard starters?

We're still thin behind those 2 studs. Underwood is meh, after that who is there? Benn? Puh-leaze. Owusu? Who? Stroughter......how he still has a roster spot is beyond me, kid sucks.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#31 : January 25, 2013, 12:22:36 AM

I would be ok with Fisher, unless we sign someone like Jake Long in FA.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#32 : January 25, 2013, 02:05:10 AM

Dom goes FA for Oline because the spread schemes in college make it too difficult to grade olineman. He said it, and I don't think this was smoke blowing...look at his track record. Maybe round 5 or higher but I expect a tackle and a center/guard in FA. Nothing notable but upgrade or at least viable competition for Zuttah and Dotson.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=78529

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 25, 2013, 08:03:28 AM

Fisher is more of a LT and we need a RT.

The only difference between a LT and a RT, is that a RT lacks the movement and/or quickness to play verse the top pass rushes. A LT can do anything a RT can, and then some. In other words, a LT is just a really good RT. Your comment doesn't make sense. I f he is truly a LT, then not only could be be an outstanding RT, but he could also replace Penn eventually.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 25, 2013, 08:50:44 AM

We're still thin behind those 2 studs.

yes, and so is the rest of the NFL.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 25, 2013, 08:52:47 AM

No. Slot receivers play huge roles on many teams.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 25, 2013, 08:56:43 AM

such as?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 25, 2013, 09:16:08 AM

I wouldn't have a huge problem with it.  But at the same time, I can't help but think that we've been "one or two" players away from having a really good oline for an awfully long time now.  And we keep adding players, and that never seems to change.

That said, Fisher's ability to play LT is a feature, not a bug, as far as I'm concerned.  Sure, he'd start at RT this coming season (and be a heck of an upgrade there), but I would have to think that the long term plan would be to have him replace Penn.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 25, 2013, 09:53:31 AM

I'd move Penn to RT immediately if Fisher is the selection.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 25, 2013, 09:55:48 AM

I'd be down with that.  I just didn't want to get an argument about how it would be unpossible for Penn to play RT.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 25, 2013, 09:58:09 AM

No. Slot receivers play huge roles on many teams.
Sure.  And those slot receivers are generally one of the top two receivers on those teams.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 25, 2013, 09:58:26 AM

I'd be down with that.  I just didn't want to get an argument about how it would be unpossible for Penn to play RT.

I think he'd be fine.  His run blocking has improved the last couple years and his weight is obviously going to be an issue for him the rest of his career, so he might as well start the transition to RT sooner rather than later.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 25, 2013, 09:58:37 AM

ha, very true.  (but i dont think he would put forth the effort to be great on the right side)

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 25, 2013, 09:59:22 AM

I'm fine with Fisher at 13, but after his week in mobile, I could see him going top 10. Even if he did slip outta the top 10, Chargers will steal him away at 11.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 25, 2013, 10:01:55 AM

I wouldn't have a huge problem with it.  But at the same time, I can't help but think that we've been "one or two" players away from having a really good oline for an awfully long time now.  And we keep adding players, and that never seems to change.
I agree with this general sentiment but would say there's no reason continuing to hope players who were supposed to put the line over the top but never did will eventually do it. There's no reason to let bad investments from the past prevent you from making good investments in the future. Also, the Bucs haven't been drafting offensive linemen in a while. The last time they spent higher than a 5th round pick was Zuttah in 2008.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Fisher at #13 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools