Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Drafting Johnthan Banks in the 1st Round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 24, 2013, 03:49:13 PM

Sources with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have told WalterFootball.com that there are big supporters in the organization for drafting Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks. He has some real fans in the Bucs' front office who believe the team should target him with their first-round pick. It is no secret that the Buccaneers are in dire need of cornerback help, and Banks is the consensus second-rated corner in draft after Alabama's DeMarcus Milliner. The latter won't make it the Bucs pick at 13.

Sources with the team say that the Bucs have so many other needs and can't trade up. The defensive line, offensive line, tight end and a number of other positions need an infusion of talent and/or depth. They say with all those needs trading for Milliner is unlikely.

From speaking with sources, it sounds more realistic for Tampa Bay to try and find a partner to trade down with while targeting Banks.

This is from walterfootball.com's daily rumour mill but they seem to have a lot more info on this then anything else so far and they also correctly predicted that the Bucs were going to draft Adrian Clayborn 2 years ago so this pick is very likely considering we really need a CB:
http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013rumors4.php

How can this affect the Darelle Revis option and getting a D Lineman in the draft?

Wouldn't be surprised if we drafted him in Round 1 after trading down then trade back up into the 1st and 2nd round exactly like last year and pick up someone like Sylvester Williams at the end of 1 or end of 2 then draft either another CB or maybe a TE

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 24, 2013, 03:53:46 PM

So basically CC's sources say we are very interested in taking the top ranked corner that will be available when we pick..........brilliant lol.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 24, 2013, 03:53:52 PM

I find Walter Football to be among the least credible sites when reporting supposed intentions of the Bucs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 24, 2013, 03:54:34 PM

Nobody is gonna say what they are gonna do for sure of course. However its no secret that this team needs DBs and will probably target one in the draft.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#4 : January 24, 2013, 04:00:10 PM

Hope not, he's massively overrated.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 24, 2013, 04:15:07 PM

So basically CC's sources say we are very interested in taking the top ranked corner that will be available when we pick..........brilliant lol.
The Bucs LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE Alphonso Dennard.[/CC]

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 24, 2013, 04:39:32 PM

Banks would be a wise selection.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 24, 2013, 04:53:17 PM

At pick 22......

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 24, 2013, 05:27:00 PM

Like I said, who ever the majority of the mock draft sites have us selecting (Banks), we won't select them. Denard anyone? We won't get Banks

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 24, 2013, 05:38:20 PM

Like I said, who ever the majority of the mock draft sites have us selecting (Banks), we won't select them. Denard anyone? We won't get Banks
XR?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 24, 2013, 06:16:15 PM

At pick 22......

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 24, 2013, 06:31:56 PM

At pick 22......

No offense but parsing between 13 and 22 isn't really worth it. If Banks is a guy we think is good enough to be a quality starter at CB then he's worth the 13th pick.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 24, 2013, 06:32:04 PM

At pick 22......

Lol...the Dude abides

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#13 : January 24, 2013, 06:32:30 PM

The spigot has been opened and the bull**CENSORED** doth flow. By draft time it will be a virtual tidal wave. And some of you will believe every word of it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 24, 2013, 06:36:36 PM

No offense but parsing between 13 and 22 isn't really worth it. If Banks is a guy we think is good enough to be a quality starter at CB then he's worth the 13th pick.

like the thinking.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Drafting Johnthan Banks in the 1st Round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools