Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Drafting Johnthan Banks in the 1st Round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CanadianBuc

Starter
#30 : January 24, 2013, 09:28:17 PM

I haven't seen much but what I have heard is that his stats were not as good as Milliner's because Offences threw the ball to him a very small period of the time.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#31 : January 24, 2013, 09:31:46 PM

he would probably be ranked higher if he wasn't injured but other then that he can be a very solid CB for many years

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 24, 2013, 09:56:51 PM

100% agree with you, sometimes you can just tell by the way players play how the'll be in the NFL and i think banks' talent set is exactly what you need in the NFL.
-Height
-Ability to Cover
-Smart
-Hasn't been suspended or arrested
-Solid Tackling Ability
-Leader of his team
-Played against solid talent

Banks has all of those qualities and if he wasn't injured he would be that much better. Banks is absolutely not a reach if Dom thinks that he will be a shutdown CB.
...and it doesn't hurt that he pretty much locked up Julio Jones 2 years ago.

Yep. I'm telling you , I watch a lot of SEC football , and I think he's better than Milliner.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 24, 2013, 10:21:09 PM

I like Banks and all he brings to the table. I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with Goodell calling his name @ #13.
: January 24, 2013, 10:28:55 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 25, 2013, 01:10:03 AM

Banks would be a good fit for the Bucs.

I've argued this plenty of times that they should draft him. If they're not planning on Banks, hopefully they go after Revis with that first.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 25, 2013, 01:37:36 AM

So.....all this trading down talk. That's easy. Who would want to trade up to 13 is much, much trickier and a subject rarely breached on this board.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 25, 2013, 07:10:33 AM

So.....all this trading down talk. That's easy. Who would want to trade up to 13 is much, much trickier and a subject rarely breached on this board.

...and for what player ?? Who is going to be sitting there at #13 that teams are going to be jumping over one another to try and get to ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 25, 2013, 08:07:08 AM

...and for what player ?? Who is going to be sitting there at #13 that teams are going to be jumping over one another to try and get to ?

This question will be easier to answer after FA when teams start filling in some of their holes but let start with the most obvious scenarios.   Carolina picking at #14 needs a 4-3 DT very badly and passed on Fletcher Cox last year to take Keuchly.  Sheldon Richardson or Shariff Floyd makes perfect sense for them. However, the Cowboys just switched to a 4-3 and we all know how important the 3 technique is to Monte's defense.  The only way to ensure they get their DT is to trade up in front of the Panthers to #13 and the Bucs get the #18 pick and a 3rd and 5th rounder to move back.

The second scenario is that we all know that the Saints who are picking at #15 are switching to a 3-4 and need that mammoth NT and also some outside LBs.  The Steelers and the Colts also have the same needs.  Jonathon Hankins and/or Barkevious Mingo are on the board at #13.  I can easily see the Steelers moving up from #17 as they need to replace Casey Hampton and with Dwight Freeney almost certain to leave in FA, the Colts could make a move up from # 24 and get their guy before the Saints if they feel they are only 1-2 players away from making a serious playoff push

Keep in mind that with the new rookie salary cap installed last year, it is ALOT less expensive for teams to trade up.   There were a ton of trades in the first round last year and I expect that trend to continue
: January 25, 2013, 02:11:59 PM Ft Myers Buc Fan
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Drafting Johnthan Banks in the 1st Round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools