Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints fire Spagnuolo « previous next »
Page: 1 2

J-Train

Pro Bowler

« : January 24, 2013, 06:54:40 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130682/article/steve-spagnuolo-ken-flajole-fired-by-new-orleans-saints

"New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and secondary coach Ken Flajole have been relieved of their duties, the team announced Thursday.

"I personally want to thank Steve and Ken for their contributions during what was an unprecedented 2012 season," Saints coach Sean Payton said. "Philosophically we are changing our defense to a 3-4 alignment and right now is the best time to accomplish this transition.""

Switching to a 3-4?

Thanks for the sig Java!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 24, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »

Well look at it this way it is almost impossible for them to be worse.

They might have 2 34 DE's in Smith and Jordan but other than that I don't see a lot of parts there that will fit in the 34.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 24, 2013, 07:06:38 PM »

Curious move. Well, they just set an NFL record for yardage given up in a season, so guess they gotta at least make some noise ;D.
    Maybe they figure they can better longevity out of Vilma in a 3-4. Vilma is a shell of his former self...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 24, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »

Isn't Spags' background in defensive backs? I think we still need a secondary coach don't we?

Draft Aaron Donald

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 24, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »

Something is up. It just makes no sense to me that as important as the DB problem is, that Dom and Schiano didn´t hire the new DB coach ASAP to evaluate the East West and now the Senior Bowl playera in person. Very strange. Yes I know Schiano was a DB coach but still weird to me.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 24, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »

Something is up. It just makes no sense to me that as important as the DB problem is, that Dom and Schiano didn´t hire the new DB coach ASAP to evaluate the East West and now the Senior Bowl playera in person. Very strange. Yes I know Schiano was a DB coach but still weird to me.

Rusty, I know you mentioned this in other threads, but I think you are over thinking this - there are a lot of teams that go into the Senior Bowl looking for coaches. It happens all the time. I'd also add that Jeff Hafley, the asst. DB coach who was with Schiano at Rutgers, is still on the staff.
« : January 24, 2013, 07:53:27 PM Booker Reese »

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 24, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »

i highly doubt they have the personnel to run a 3-4. going to be interesting to see how that works out for them

CTGuyton

Second String

« #7 : January 24, 2013, 08:11:07 PM »

Any chance Spags comes to the Bucs? He and Sheridan won a SB together in NY.. Sheridan was LB coach while Spags was DC, but he has been a DB coach.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 24, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »

Any chance Spags comes to the Bucs? He and Sheridan won a SB together in NY.. Sheridan was LB coach while Spags was DC, but he has been a DB coach.

I'd think he won't want to drop down to position coach.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 24, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »

Agree Dal. Won't be surprised at all if Chip brings him into Philly.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 24, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

He's been fired twice in two years. I think he's lucky to get a position coach offering.

Draft Aaron Donald

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 24, 2013, 10:39:09 PM »

Rusty, I know you mentioned this in other threads, but I think you are over thinking this - there are a lot of teams that go into the Senior Bowl looking for coaches. It happens all the time. I'd also add that Jeff Hafley, the asst. DB coach who was with Schiano at Rutgers, is still on the staff.

I could be it just seems odd. Thanks

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 24, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »

Saints fire their crappy DC yet we keep ours? 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 24, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »

I guess the Saints plan on drafting about 6 new starters on D. They have 1 LBer who fits the 3-4 in Wilson, the Dline needs a lot of work now too.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 25, 2013, 12:12:36 AM »

Ummm... LOL.

They're switching to a 3-4? They definitely don't have the personnel for that. Vilma sucked in the 3-4 when he played with the Jets. Lofton has never played in 3-4. Cam Jordan was starting to come on a pass rusher, now is he going to be a 3-4 DE?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints fire Spagnuolo « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools