Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints fire Spagnuolo « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 25, 2013, 12:39:33 AM

Ummm... LOL.

They're switching to a 3-4? They definitely don't have the personnel for that.

Maybe that's the excuse?  Kinda like the old break-up line, "It's not you, it's me."

Seems difficult to make the switch with the players they have now.

Also with Brees still in his prime, it's a peculiar time to make the switch.

Turn the page.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 25, 2013, 06:02:06 AM

I don't get the point people are trying to make saying they don't have the players for a 3-4, that could be left at "they don't have the players" and that is proven by the fact that while all we Bucs fans heard most of the season was "Wah, we're going to break the passing yards allowed record, whine, cry, complain, moan!" the Saints actually went out and broke the record for most total yards ever.
Overall
Yardage allowed - 32nd (THE MOST ALLOWED EVER and allmost 60 more PER GAME than the 31st ranked team last season)
TDs allowed - 32nd
1st downs allowed - 32nd

Passing
Yards allowed - 31st (Just 77 less than us)
Average allowed - 32nd
TDs allowed - 31st
1st down % - 32nd
20+ yarders allowed - 30th
40+ yarders allowed - 32nd
Sacks - 27th
QB Rating against - 28th

Rushing
Yards allowed - 32nd
Average allowed  - 32nd
TDs allowed - 30th
1st down % - 30th
20+ yarders allowed - 2nd
40+ yarders allowed - 2nd

Seriously, if now isn't the perfect time to put in a new system after they stank at every single thing they did what is?
The only way it could have been worse (and this is debatable) is if they had no system at all, THE MOST YARDS ALLOWED EVER!!!

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 25, 2013, 06:11:17 AM

Yet we still lost to them twice.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 25, 2013, 04:32:06 PM

The Saints lost three games this year by less than a touchdown.
The fact that their coaching situation was a mess of unprecedented proportions has to be considered.

Bounty gate aside and with their regular coaches, the Saints would most likely have won those three close games.
No, I don't have a crystal ball but that's my take.

With those three wins the Saints go from a 7 win team to a 10 win team.
My point from before was that they aren't a bad team.  Plus, they have an elite QB still putting up big numbers.

Making the change now would require significant time to adjust and some new personnel.
Yes, their cap situation is bad but they could still add a defensive player or two through the draft that could fit in the secondary.
This way in another two years when Brees is approaching the downside of his career, then they could make the change as the team begins rebuilding.

Turn the page.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints fire Spagnuolo « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools