Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cowboys have 19 Free Agents that could be available « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 25, 2013, 12:08:43 AM

Dallas Cowboys: A Look at Their 19 Free Agents in 2013

By Brandon Houser

January 22, 2013 10:46 am

Over the years the Dallas Cowboys have made questionable decisions with free agency.

In past seasons the Cowboys have seen the talents of tight end Martellus Bennett leave only to go to divisional rivals, the New York Giants, to become a star, and receiver Laurent Robinson escape to Jacksonville to compete for the Jaguars' top receiving job.

Bennett made the Cowboys pay for letting him get away by catching eight passes from Eli Manning for 69 yards and one touchdown in two games for the Giants during the 2012 season.

Here are the 19 free agents the Cowboys have to focus on either signing or letting go in 2013.

LB Victor Butler: Unrestricted Free Agent
1 of 19

Butler is one of those players that deserves to have a star on his helmet in 2013 after playing in all 16 games for the Cowboys in three out of his four seasons in Dallas.

Butler has only missed one game in 2010.

In 2012, he had 25 Tackles, three sacks, three forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery.

DE Kenyon Coleman: Unrestricted Free Agent
2 of 19

Coleman managed to play in seven games in 2012 on a Cowboys defense that was destroyed by the injury bug.

Coleman made 15 tackles and forced one fumble

C Phil Costa: Restricted Free Agent

3 of 19

Costa is one of those players that needs to be signed.

He is a good center when he is healthy.

Jones already made the mistake once by letting him get away only to get him back.

G Derrick Dockery: Unrestricted Free Agent

4 of 19

The only thing Dockery did in 2012 was use a roster space that another player could have had.

FS Eric Frampton: Unrestricted Free Agent

5 of 19

Frampton could not stop water from hitting the ground under him.

During the 13 games he played in during the 2012 season he had 30 tackles and two defended passes when he was not getting torched and drug around like a rag doll trying to make a tackle

CB Mike Jenkins: Unrestricted Free Agent

6 of 19

After the season Jenkins had in 2012, Jerry Jones would have been better off making a trade happen before the season started.

In 13 games, Jenkins had 14 tackles, and three defended passes.

Over his five-year career though, Jenkins has been a ball-hawk with 161 tackles, eight interceptions, 43 defended passes and one touchdown.

RB Felix Jones: Unrestricted Free Agent

7 of 19

Jones has shown all six seasons that he has been in Dallas that he was a waste of a first round draft pick.

During his five disappointing seasons with the Cowboys, Jones has ran for 2,728 yards, 11 touchdowns, with seven fumbles. And he has also caught 127 passes for 1,062 yards, three touchdowns, and three more fumbles.

C L.P. Ladouceur: Unrestricted Free Agents

8 of 19

Ladouceur is one of those players that Jones can not let get away.

He is one of the league's top long snappers

LB Orie Lemon: Restricted Free Agent

9 of 19

Lemon had a disappointing 2012 season for the Cowboys only appearing in five games with five tackles and one recovered fumble.

SS Danny McCray: Restricted Free Agent

10 of 19

McCray was one of the players the Cowboys managed to keep healthy for the majority of the year on defense.

During his 15 games in 2012, McCray had 71 tackles, one interception and two defended passes.

On a healthy team McCray could be a real gem to have around

CB Sterling Moore: Unrestricted Free Agent

11 of 19

Moore played 13 games in 2012. He played eight games for the Patriots and five for the Cowboys.

During his time in Dallas he had nine tackles

P Brian Moorman: Unrestricted Free Agent

12 of 19

Moorman is worth re-signing after the season he put together kicking the ball in Dallas.

Moorman punted the ball 71 times in 2012 for four touchbacks, and had 24 of those punts land inside the 20 yard line, with a long of 66 yards.

WR Kevin Ogletree: Unrestricted Free Agent

13 of 19

Ogletree has a promising career either in Dallas with Romo yelling at him for his young mistakes or on another team like Laurent Robinson has blossomed in Jacksonville.

During the 2012 season Ogletree had 32 catches for 436 yards and four touchdowns.

For a third receiver, there were a few games where Ogletree played better than both of the stars in front of him.

SS Charlie Peprah: Unrestricted Free Agent

14 of 19

Peprah is one of those questionable players.

During five games he only had 11 tackles and one interception from his safety position.

After the way the defense was torched in 2012, Jones should cut ties with all of the safeties besides Barry Church and Danny McCray

TE John Phillips: Unrestricted Free Agent

15 of 19

Phillips is one of those players that Jerry Jones needs to hold on to.

During his eight games in 2012 he caught eight balls for 55 yards and one touchdown.

Phillips can be a dangerous player if he can get his snaps with Jason Witten holding down the top tight end spot.

LB Brady Poppinga: Unrestricted Free Agent

16 of 19

Poppinga proved to be one offseason mistake for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys when they signed him.

He only managed to appear in four games for the Cowboys but showed promise with his play with his 12 tackles.

DT Brian Schaefering: Unrestricted Free Agent

17 of 19

Shaefering was a disappointment for the Cowboys in 2012 after playing all 16 games in back-to-back seasons for the Cleveland Browns.

Shaefering only played in three games and had three tackles for the Cowboys.

LB Ernie Sims: Unrestricted Free Agent

18 of 19

Sims was signed as a free agent in 2012 after the injury bug bit Cowboys camp.

Sims played 10 games for the Cowboys in 2012 making 43 tackles, one sack and one defended pass.

LB Anthony Spencer: Unrestricted Free Agent

19 of 19

Spencer has been a steady player at linebacker during his six years with the Cowboys, by only missing six games during that span.

During his time in Dallas, Spencer has played in 90 games with 361 tackles, 32.5 sacks, 12 forced fumbles, five fumbles recovered, one interception, and 13 defended passes

http://www.footballnation.com/content/dallas-cowboys-look-their-19-free-agents-2013/21028/

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2013, 01:03:38 AM

..Who wants ta gets dem sum gloryhole??

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 25, 2013, 02:30:50 AM

I would be interested in Jenkins, Ogletree, and Felix.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 25, 2013, 07:55:27 AM

This article should include how much cap space the Cowboys have in 2013. Kinda relevant.

Anyways, Victor Butler would make an excellent replacement for Quincy Black. If I had to pick one guy off this list, it would be Butler.

I'd also take a shot on Mike Jenkins. He'll probably take a cheap short term deal after a down year, but I think it's quite possible he played poorly because he didn't want to be there. You should never let your situation effect your play, but still, he might just need a change of scenery.

Tight End John Phillips would also be a good pick because he's cheap and we have nothing. He's not great, but he is young and as good as Stocker.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 25, 2013, 08:59:30 AM

Aren't the 'boys and 'skins still being penalized for their 2010 salary cap misdeeds?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 25, 2013, 09:16:00 AM

I'm not a Jenkins fan but wouldn't cry if he got signed for a reasonable amount.

Phillips was tearing it up in pre-season a few years ago. He could be a smart, value signing.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 25, 2013, 09:39:57 AM

No doubt Dom has an eye on the Cowgirl FA situation, as well as many others. I suspect he'll be a busy man this off-season...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 25, 2013, 09:55:44 AM

This article should include how much cap space the Cowboys have in 2013. Kinda relevant.

Anyways, Victor Butler would make an excellent replacement for Quincy Black. If I had to pick one guy off this list, it would be Butler.

I'd also take a shot on Mike Jenkins. He'll probably take a cheap short term deal after a down year, but I think it's quite possible he played poorly because he didn't want to be there. You should never let your situation effect your play, but still, he might just need a change of scenery.

Tight End John Phillips would also be a good pick because he's cheap and we have nothing. He's not great, but he is young and as good as Stocker.

"As it stands, the Cowboys are over the projected $121 million cap for 2013 by roughly $20 million with only 44 players under contract."

There's more here: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4702192/cowboys-face-tough-cap-situation-in-2013

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 25, 2013, 10:01:05 AM

Cowboys are screwed cap wise from what I hear. I like Jenkins and Spencer, but who knows how well Spencer will adjust back to 4-3 DE.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 25, 2013, 10:31:42 AM

I doubt we'll pay much for any Cowboys rejects........let's just draft some late picks that want to play. No more inflated 1st rounders.......

bucshot420

Starter

#10 : January 25, 2013, 10:52:27 AM

Cowboys are screwed cap wise from what I hear. I like Jenkins and Spencer, but who knows how well Spencer will adjust back to 4-3 DE.

I like these two as well.  I also think Mike Jenkins needs a change of scenery, and would probably love the opportunity to come home and play in the stadium that he had so much success playing in college.  Also with Spencer I'm not sure @ 6'3 250 that he really needs to move back to end.  At that size if we put him at SLB as competition for QB.  He registered 11 sacks this year as an effective blitzing OLB which is exactly what we need.  I'd love these two as tier two free agents.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 25, 2013, 11:50:35 AM

A year ago we were still looking for a HC. When Schiano got here he was more focused on putting together a staff. I doubt we get impact players equal to VJax and Nicks, but two or three starters and some depth is reasonable to expect. He has a better grasp on team needs now and knows what to look for. Last year it seemed like quantity was the aim. Quality and fit will be the target this time around.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 25, 2013, 12:51:59 PM

This is mostly a list of overrated scrubs!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 25, 2013, 09:50:56 PM

Jenkins is still only 27.  If they don't resign him , might be worth a look.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 25, 2013, 09:55:54 PM

This is mostly a list of overrated scrubs!

Mostly, but I have a feeling Jenkins would do more for us than EJ Biggers and Myron Lewis, at the appropriate price of course.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cowboys have 19 Free Agents that could be available « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools