Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers sign DT Richard Clebert « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 25, 2013, 12:13:12 AM

Buccaneers sign DT Richard Clebert

By Sander Philipse on Jan 24, 5:25p

Christian Petersen

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made another offseason signing: they've added defensive tackle Richard Clebert to the roster, presumably under a futures contract. Clebert played his college football at South Florida and went undrafted in the NFL in 2008. His USF bio page notes that he was the team's strongest man in 2007, bench pressing 225 pounds 43 times and maxing out at 543 pounds. He had 10 tackles for loss, three sacks and a blocked field goal in his final year.

Clebert has spent the past couple of years with playing Arena Football, winning two Arena Football Championships in 2010 and 2011 with the Spokane Shock and Jacksonville Sharks, respectively. He's also spent some time with the Orlando Predators and the Tampa Bay Storm in the AFL, and has apparently also played in the CFL and the UFL. That's a lot of experience with a lot of different teams in a lot of leagues that aren't the NFL. Clebert's most likely just going to be a camp body, but there's always a small chance he works out and turns into a decent backup.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/24/3912826/buccaneers-sign-dt-richard-clebert

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2013, 07:53:02 AM

# 77

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 25, 2013, 08:44:56 AM

Crown us.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 25, 2013, 10:05:32 AM

Whatever.....

I just feel better knowing that Dom is looking at all options for us, not just draft and big name FA. He's constantly trying to improve our talent level, until 4 pm.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 25, 2013, 12:28:31 PM

It would have been nice if we could have gotten Armond Armstead from the CFL.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 25, 2013, 12:31:52 PM

I like Dom's attitude as well.  He keep tinkering around looking under all the rocks for that diamond hiding in the rough.  That's a whole lot better than signing Michael Clayton for that extension.....cut your loses and keep looking.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 25, 2013, 03:05:42 PM

Folks forget we took a major hit to our planned DT rotation last season, losing BOTH Price and Okoye. Dom/Schiano may consider this our weakest position right now, with very little to work with beyond McCoy. At least we do have some potential at CB, with guys like Gaitor and Johnson. Biggers showed improvement last season, and Gorrer has skills too. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 25, 2013, 03:20:25 PM

Really good perspective NDY. I REALLY want to adddress the trenches on both sides this year before we start band aiding various positions. Are there many needs, you bet, but it all starts up front.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 25, 2013, 03:28:33 PM

Folks forget we took a major hit to our planned DT rotation last season, losing BOTH Price and Okoye. Dom/Schiano may consider this our weakest position right now, with very little to work with beyond McCoy. At least we do have some potential at CB, with guys like Gaitor and Johnson. Biggers showed improvement last season, and Gorrer has skills too.

Gorror can still jump off a bridge. He's just a little less worse than Myron Lewis.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 25, 2013, 04:15:34 PM

I haven't forgotten, but I agree that many have. Losing Price and Okoye was huge. We went out and got Okoye which showed we weren't content with Price and Miller. The plan definitely  wasn't to stick with Miller and Gibson. Both are serviceable and make nice depth, but they are both the type of guys you put up with until you can replace them. Good depth....not starters. I think another starting caliber DT is a top priority and will be acquired in FA, followed by a DT somewhere in the draft.

Just imagine an upgrade over Miller in the middle and a healthy Clayborn....And yet people are ready to draft a DE in the 1st round. Can we give these guys a shot first?

My choice for NT in this draft.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUuoIjRDabc

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 25, 2013, 07:22:17 PM

Can we combine all these signings into the same thread an label it Garbage Can ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 25, 2013, 09:43:45 PM

It would have been nice if we could have gotten Armond Armstead from the CFL.

Went to the Patriots right?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 26, 2013, 09:39:58 AM

I still surprised nobody has picked up Ron Brace to kick the tires.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 27, 2013, 09:26:29 AM

I haven't forgotten, but I agree that many have. Losing Price and Okoye was huge. We went out and got Okoye which showed we weren't content with Price and Miller. The plan definitely  wasn't to stick with Miller and Gibson. Both are serviceable and make nice depth, but they are both the type of guys you put up with until you can replace them. Good depth....not starters. I think another starting caliber DT is a top priority and will be acquired in FA, followed by a DT somewhere in the draft.

Just imagine an upgrade over Miller in the middle and a healthy Clayborn....And yet people are ready to draft a DE in the 1st round. Can we give these guys a shot first?

My choice for NT in this draft.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUuoIjRDabc

JDouble, what are your thoughts on Glenn Dorsey as a reclamation project.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 27, 2013, 10:32:44 AM

I consider Doresy a top DT in free agency. He never lived up to the Sapp like expectations put on him as a top 5 pick, but he hasn't been a bust. He's actually played pretty damn well the past two years. I think a lot of it has to do with the constant volitility in Kansas City too. New coaching every year, and switching from 4-3 UT to a 3-4 DE definitely hurt him.  I say get him back in the middle of a 4-3 next to McCoy and see what he can do. Dude is only 27, so his career is far from over.

I think ideally, we would sign Dorsey and also Terrence Knighton. Dorsey in a guy, much like McCoy, who can play UT or NT. So he provides great depth, but Knighton is a true NT, who can also get penetration. If we had McCoy and Knighton starting, with Dorsey rotating in to spell both guys, it would be a very nice DT rotation. Still would like to draft a DT at some point too.

Knighton was a 3rd round pick and ahs average $700k a year in his first 4 years, so he's going to want to get paid, but I'm thinking he'll get a reasonable contract for around $3M to $4M a year. Dorsey will probably be in that same range. I think it's well worth the $6M to $8M a year it would cost the team to have a solid DT rotation.
: January 27, 2013, 10:49:04 AM JDouble

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers sign DT Richard Clebert « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools