Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Note to Ronde Barber « previous next »
Page: 1 2

deadzone

Hall of Famer

: January 25, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Retire brah........do it on your terms...with dignity and grace. Don't be like Brooks.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 25, 2013, 11:10:59 AM

There is some truth to your bluntness.  That was a hard day, watching Brooks go.  And an even harder day when we figured out that his replacement -- at age 22 -- wasn't half as good as Elder Statesman Brooks.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 25, 2013, 11:14:00 AM

Keep playing as long as you are one of our better players!

That's my $.02

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

m_j

Starter

#3 : January 25, 2013, 11:17:09 AM

do not forget, derrick brooks was kicked out by  clueless wannabe coach,  the worst we ever had. schiano is maybe cheap in some terms, but he has some dignity left, I am sure he will handle this different way

jcaulfield8

Second String

#4 : January 25, 2013, 11:18:38 AM

you have earned the right to do whatever the hell you want to do in the best interest of yourself and your family.  You will always have the unwavering support of the true buc fans and have been a true professional on and off the field.   Thanks for everything you have done for the team and the community.  Do whatever the hell you want to and you will still end up a 1st ballot hall of famer

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 25, 2013, 11:20:29 AM

Who else retired as a Buc other that Leeroy Selmon? Can't remember..........

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 25, 2013, 11:20:36 AM

Brooks was a liability for the last 2 years of his career. Barber is close to that. He should retire.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 25, 2013, 11:29:09 AM

Not remotely true.

In Verner We Trust

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 25, 2013, 11:39:07 AM

Of course it's true.....if not, then why did Brooks strike out signing with another club?

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 25, 2013, 11:39:17 AM

Retire brah........do it on your terms...with dignity and grace. Don't be like Brooks.

True

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 25, 2013, 12:00:49 PM

do not forget, derrick brooks was kicked out by  clueless wannabe coach,  the worst we ever had. schiano is maybe cheap in some terms, but he has some dignity left, I am sure he will handle this different way

One of the few things Morris did right was let Brooks go.  He was long done.  I think Ronde has another season left in him though.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 25, 2013, 12:22:12 PM

Yet he's still better at coverage and tackling in his first year at safety than a rookie SS picked 6th overall that's suppose to be in his physical prime.

Barber is still better than half the safeties in the league, and I'm sure if he comes back next year, he's going to be even better now that he has more experience at the position.

He does noticeably decline towards the end of a season, but during the first half of the season, he's still better than a lot of players.

The same thing happened to Brooks. He was still way better than anything we had. Derrick Brooks at half speed was way better than Geno Hayes at full speed. He wasn't washed up, he played well for most of the season in 2008, but he was noticeably slower towards the end.

If Ronde returns, I would just sub in Black more during the last few games.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 25, 2013, 12:30:27 PM

Not remotely true.

Yeah more true than you think. Barber was a playmaker this year but not consistently good in any phase of the game, largely be lacks the speed he once had, which was never great.

Plus he retires after the 1st year of Madden '13, so that's like a lock.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 25, 2013, 12:32:44 PM

I was shocked Ronde stuck around for '12. Not because of his football ability, but being an aging player on a rebuilding team is never ideal.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 25, 2013, 12:33:22 PM

Plus he retires after the 1st year of Madden '13, so that's like a lock.

lol
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Note to Ronde Barber « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools