Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Note to Ronde Barber « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 25, 2013, 12:36:28 PM

I'm conflicted.  He was outrun a number of times, but his ability to read the QB for interceptions is still tops....his leadership is off the chart.  He is a fan fav forever....I really don't know.   However, I do feel its his call to some extent.  He really supported Schiano during the year when he needed that veteran seal of approval....I think he'll do one more season with more  subbing....

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 25, 2013, 12:40:33 PM

I'm conflicted.  He was outrun a number of times, but his ability to read the QB for interceptions is still tops....his leadership is off the chart.  He is a fan fav forever....I really don't know.   However, I do feel its his call to some extent.  He really supported Schiano during the year when he needed that veteran seal of approval....I think he'll do one more season with more  subbing....

Ahmad Black is getting to be a pretty good player too. He's always around making plays, and providing good coverage.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 25, 2013, 12:47:10 PM

If I had two minutes with Ronde, I'd say the following: Do what you want and don't listen to any of us fans, fellow players or coaches. Listen to your heart and consult your family. We all know you CAN still play. The question is will your heart still be in it. Just remember this, once you're done, you're done.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 25, 2013, 12:55:14 PM

you have earned the right to do whatever the hell you want to do in the best interest of yourself and your family.  You will always have the unwavering support of the true buc fans and have been a true professional on and off the field.   Thanks for everything you have done for the team and the community.  Do whatever the hell you want to and you will still end up a 1st ballot hall of famer

This line of thinking needs to stop.  You and I have discussed this briefly in the past, but  Ronde is, in absolutely no way, a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

One percent of all the NFL players to ever exist on active rosters make the Hall of Fame.  Only a quarter of that one percent goes in on the first ballot.  Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Darrell Green, Ronnie Lott, Mel Blount, and Willie Brown are the only first-ballot Hall of Fame corners in history, and while Ronde's numbers stack up to anyone's, there's something those six men achieved that he never did: they were all considered the best defensive back (or even defensive player) in the league at some point in their careers.

Ronde's certainly a Hall of Famer, but "first ballot" isn't a term to be thrown around lightly.  By saying that, you're definitively calling him one of the seven best corners in the history of the sport., and I don't think anyone outside of Tampa would agree with that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 25, 2013, 01:22:41 PM

Brooks was a liability for the last 2 years of his career. Barber is close to that. He should retire.

A liability? No way. Sure he slowed down...but liability is a stretch.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Note to Ronde Barber « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools