Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Random hypothetical: Ed Reed? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
: January 25, 2013, 12:39:41 PM

So we know Ray Lewis is retiring. Ed Reed has been a shell of his former self. Suggs has struggled this year due to his injury in the offseason. The Ravens Defense as we knew it will change.

There is a possibility that Ed Reed will be allowed to test the open market, the money's just not right with the ravens. He's a year removed from being the best safety in the game. If they want to let him walk now is the time.

Schiano, I believe, coached him at Miami. He liked playing in Florida. Reed could be next to Barron, ronde can move up to play nickel again and we impart a lot of wisdom on the secondary.

Would you do it?
: January 25, 2013, 12:41:19 PM tbc_bucs

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 25, 2013, 12:43:42 PM

Ed Reed, if he becomes a free agent, will sign with the Patriots.... guaranteed!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 25, 2013, 12:45:52 PM

35 year old ed reed?  please no.  keep ronde around to play some nickle, but heck no to reed.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 25, 2013, 12:49:31 PM

35 year old ed reed?  please no.  keep ronde around to play some nickle, but heck no to reed.

A 35 year old reed is still a top 5 FS in the league.
Name 5 better if you want to argue the point.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4 : January 25, 2013, 01:15:30 PM

if he was a UFA, I'd sign him as a 1 year guy.

But 0% chance he comes here in any scenario

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 25, 2013, 01:31:20 PM

in what system?  with whom playing in front of him?  i dont really want to argue the point because its all opinion, but id much rather give a contract to jairus byrd or louis delmas than ed reed.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Juani2

Second String

#6 : January 25, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

in what system?  with whom playing in front of him?  i dont really want to argue the point because its all opinion, but id much rather give a contract to jairus byrd or louis delmas than ed reed.

I agree with tbc about reed but I would rather give the money to Byrd or the 9ers goldson only because they are much younger

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 25, 2013, 02:16:03 PM

Sorry Delmas hasn't been able to stay healthy at all. He's not worth a long contract. I really hope we sign Byrd or Gholston

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 25, 2013, 02:20:06 PM

I think Reed was 50/50 on retiring last year.  If they win the Super Bowl, don't be surprised if he makes his exit right behind Ray-Ray.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 25, 2013, 02:37:45 PM

I think Reed was 50/50 on retiring last year.  If they win the Super Bowl, don't be surprised if he makes his exit right behind Ray-Ray.

Not that anything is set in stone, but ....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-report-20130125,0,1336060.story

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 25, 2013, 02:41:54 PM

Not that anything is set in stone, but ....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-report-20130125,0,1336060.story

Man, talk about a change in attitude.  His neck was bothering him so much a year ago, that he really didn't think he'd be back for another season.  Now he's talking like he'll play another five years.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 25, 2013, 05:16:11 PM

I agree with tbc about reed but I would rather give the money to Byrd or the 9ers goldson only because they are much younger

Would like to see the team bring one of these guys in.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 25, 2013, 05:17:56 PM

But 0% chance he comes here in any scenario

Agreed. 

I could see Reed landing with a more established team.

Would he want to go through a Schiano-style program at this stage of his career?

Turn the page.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 25, 2013, 05:58:17 PM

I think Byrd is worth it and would sign him long-term, I doubt goldson leaves the 9ers and he will be a guy that's overpaid if he does.

But that's it. There's no guarantee anyone wants to come here, including Reed. This isn't about who will come here, it's about the viability of Ed Reed and whether or not you think he'd be a good fit in our team, scheme and locker room.

Personally, I think Reed could be a 1-2 year contract guy and it gives us more flexibility heading into the draft.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 25, 2013, 07:44:49 PM

So we know Ray Lewis is retiring. Ed Reed has been a shell of his former self. Suggs has struggled this year due to his injury in the offseason. The Ravens Defense as we knew it will change.

There is a possibility that Ed Reed will be allowed to test the open market, the money's just not right with the ravens. He's a year removed from being the best safety in the game. If they want to let him walk now is the time.

Schiano, I believe, coached him at Miami. He liked playing in Florida. Reed could be next to Barron, ronde can move up to play nickel again and we impart a lot of wisdom on the secondary.

Would you do it?

Ronde doesn't need to be moving back to nickel at his age . He's slow as molasses.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Random hypothetical: Ed Reed? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools