Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gil Brandt Gives Freeman A Horrendous Ranking « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 25, 2013, 04:06:16 PM

I dont think they will anytime soon. As a Buc fan I hope he turns his game around so we dont have to look for a new guy. That can take years.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : January 25, 2013, 04:17:13 PM

The Bucs need to give up on the Freeman experiment.

He's got one more season to prove himself, otherwise he's gone.

Adios, auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, sayōnara

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 25, 2013, 04:19:21 PM

Not my quote, so I can't say for sure. I take it as meaning that Freeman feels like he has to put up yards and points because he doesn't trust the pass defense to protect any leads (i.e. NYG).  Therefore he still tries to force it and honestly doesn't have the accuracy or decision making to be successful at that.

although i believe the NYG is a bad example.  the only reason we had a lead to lose is because the defense.  and freeman should feel like he has to put up yards and points, shouldnt he?  the defense gave up a lot of passing yards and a good amount of points.  but lets not make it another excuse for freemans play.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 25, 2013, 04:22:40 PM

Well he contributes to it because he didnt put up points himself but lets not forget that it does change things when your behind. Play calling definitely changes and the QB has to go back and throw more. I dont think its a stretch to say that it contributes to his bad season. Say our defense improves and we dont have to play catch up as much. I would think he would make better decisions in that scenario than having to play catch up.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 25, 2013, 04:31:50 PM

Not my quote, so I can't say for sure. I take it as meaning that Freeman feels like he has to put up yards and points because he doesn't trust the pass defense to protect any leads (i.e. NYG).  Therefore he still tries to force it and honestly doesn't have the accuracy or decision making to be successful at that.

although i believe the NYG is a bad example.  the only reason we had a lead to lose is because the defense.  and freeman should feel like he has to put up yards and points, shouldnt he?  the defense gave up a lot of passing yards and a good amount of points.  but lets not make it another excuse for freemans play.
Schiano coached the Giants game not to lose (among other games). Every time the Bucs got a lead, the offense went conservative and Freeman lost his mojo. Then when the defense screwed the pooch, they turned the offense back on and started scoring again.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 25, 2013, 04:36:13 PM

Alex Smith

If Freeman was on the 49ers they'd barely lose a game.

You can brush off the 24-32 by acknowledging...
A. In 2011 they were #30 in defense
B. In 2012 they were #29 in defense
C. In 9 of the 32 losses the defense blew late 4th qtr leads
D. Team is 0-8 without him.

So we're awful without him and only stink with him.  Sounds like a good reason to keep him.

The Niners have an awesome defense and an awesome O-Line.  What's easier to obtain... a great defense and offensive line, or a good QB?

A defense that doesn't always crap the bed.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 25, 2013, 04:36:41 PM

does freeman not have the ability to audible?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 25, 2013, 05:43:30 PM

Alex Smith

You can brush off the 24-32 by acknowledging...
A. In 2011 they were #30 in defense
B. In 2012 they were #29 in defense
C. In 9 of the 32 losses the defense blew late 4th qtr leads
D. Team is 0-8 without him.

The Excuse Encyclopedia.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 25, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

Playoffs is where its most important. If we made the playoffs next year and Freeman was just as inconsistent all season but did great in the playoffs, a lot of fans would change their tune to him because he won in the playoffs. Where it matters most.

So....Mark Sanchez is a good QB?

gone

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 25, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

does freeman not have the ability to audible?

Or should he have permission to?

Another question is does he understand enough of what he sees to audible effectively?  Frankly he doesn't seem to run things very well at the line. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 25, 2013, 06:50:08 PM

Another question is does he understand enough of what he sees to audible effectively?  Frankly he doesn't seem to run things very well at the line.

and that appears to be the problem

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : January 25, 2013, 07:12:41 PM

Be careful, the freehaters are going to tar and feather you for deductive reasoning.

Are you seriously unable to tell the difference between deductive reasoning and JC's recently discharged suppository?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#27 : January 25, 2013, 07:39:24 PM

The Bucs need to give up on the Freeman experiment.

Its not an experiment... They think he can be a franchise QB and I think so too. He managed to win games that had to be high-scoring if it wasn't for him we would have been a LOT worse last year and with a good pass D we could not only be playoff contenders but superbowl contenders as well. I don't understand why you think Tim Tebow is good, he couldn't put up 30 points a game with a crap pass D and with tim tebow and our pass D we might have very well gone winless. That is how bad Tim Tebow is... He can't throw the ball further then 20 yards in the CFL or NFL. The point is...

FREEMAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>......................................TEBOW

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 25, 2013, 07:46:14 PM

I'm so sick of talking about Josh Freeman.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 25, 2013, 07:58:08 PM

That does speak quite a bit because Gil Brandt was a tremendous Freeman supporter.. HE was the one that brought Freeman to New York on draft night.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gil Brandt Gives Freeman A Horrendous Ranking « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools