Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gil Brandt Gives Freeman A Horrendous Ranking « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 25, 2013, 08:10:06 PM

Personally, I think he's the best QB the bucs have ever had.....

you type that as if its high praise

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 25, 2013, 08:50:06 PM

Steve Young would disagree ...... and for that matter Vinny might put up a little argument himself.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 25, 2013, 09:06:48 PM

Who cares about Freeman stats. We played almost all of our games close. A few more playmakers and we're in the playoffs. Freeman can throw 10 picks a game, and if we win the Superbowl I swear some of you would STILL be crying.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : January 25, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

I'd take Steve Young, Steve Deberg, Doug Williams, Jeff Garcia, Brian Griese, Trent Dilfer, Chris Chandler, Craig Erickson and Vinny Testaverde over Freeman.     I'd take Freeman over Shaun King, Jack Thompson, Parnell **CENSORED**inson, Steve Spurrier, Gary Huff, Mike Rae, Josh McCown, Bryon Leftwich, Josh Johnson, and Chris Simms.
: January 25, 2013, 09:11:39 PM JavaRay

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 25, 2013, 09:24:08 PM

Alex Smith

If Freeman was on the 49ers they'd barely lose a game.

You can brush off the 24-32 by acknowledging...
A. In 2011 they were #30 in defense
B. In 2012 they were #29 in defense
C. In 9 of the 32 losses the defense blew late 4th qtr leads
D. Team is 0-8 without him.

The Excuse Encyclopedia.

Yup.

Lol at the statement tahat the 9ers would barely lose a game with Freeman at the helm. They would have been one and done with Freeman. Dude folds against good opponents, just like Matty Ice in the playoffs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 25, 2013, 11:13:17 PM

Steve Young would disagree ...... and for that matter Vinny might put up a little argument himself.

Just so i'm clear, are you implying that either of them was anything but garbage when they were Buccaneers?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 25, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

I'd take Steve Young, Steve Deberg, Doug Williams, Jeff Garcia, Brian Griese, Trent Dilfer, Chris Chandler, Craig Erickson and Vinny Testaverde over Freeman.     I'd take Freeman over Shaun King, Jack Thompson, Parnell **CENSORED**inson, Steve Spurrier, Gary Huff, Mike Rae, Josh McCown, Bryon Leftwich, Josh Johnson, and Chris Simms.
For their play while in Tampa - no to Young, DeBerg, Williams, Griese, Dilfer, Chandler, Erickson, and Testaverde as well.  Brad - yes, Garcia likely a yes - the rest were a really sad bunch while with the bucs Java.  Really sad. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 26, 2013, 04:56:01 AM

I forgot about Brad.   I've never been a huge Brad Johnson fan.   But he's proven he can win more than Freeman.   So give Brad the nod.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#38 : January 26, 2013, 05:58:05 AM

For their play while in Tampa - no to Young, DeBerg, Williams, Griese, Dilfer, Chandler, Erickson, and Testaverde as well.  Brad - yes, Garcia likely a yes - the rest were a really sad bunch while with the bucs Java.  Really sad.
Did you actually see DrBerg play for the Bucs.  There's no question in my mind he played with more heart, brains and was twice the leader as #5.  Josh has way more physical ability but it takes more than a long ball to make an NFL QB.  I'm pulling for Josh.  This year.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 26, 2013, 06:36:19 AM

Alex Smith

If Freeman was on the 49ers they'd barely lose a game.

You can brush off the 24-32 by acknowledging...
A. In 2011 they were #30 in defense
B. In 2012 they were #29 in defense
C. In 9 of the 32 losses the defense blew late 4th qtr leads
D. Team is 0-8 without him.

The Excuse Encyclopedia.

Yup.

Lol at the statement tahat the 9ers would barely lose a game with Freeman at the helm. They would have been one and done with Freeman. Dude folds against good opponents, just like Matty Ice in the playoffs.

Something tells me Jim Harbaugh wouldn't allow that to happen.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 26, 2013, 07:38:43 AM

Did you actually see DrBerg play for the Bucs.  There's no question in my mind he played with more heart, brains and was twice the leader as #5.  Josh has way more physical ability but it takes more than a long ball to make an NFL QB.

Deberg didn't get much blocking.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#41 : January 26, 2013, 07:53:24 AM

That was part of my point.  Right now I would take DeBerg and the O weapons he have over #5.  I'm still pulling for JF by default.  He's the QB on my team.  I'm giving him this year or I'll have the same love for him as I had for Vinny and Trent.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 26, 2013, 08:36:05 AM

It blows my mind that a guy who broke almost every single season passing record in Franchise history can be considered by many in the media and fanbase to be a horrible waste of time. The guy had 2 bad games that cost us and stuggled with his intermediate passing game. Other than that he was very good all year.

I remember a time when Brad Johnson was checking everything down. 3rd and 8 and he throws a swing pass for 5 yards. The truth is that this pathetic defense game up many more games than Freeman did. Freeman is not perfect but he is the best QB we've had here. People refuse to accept the fact that Brad Johnson with this defense wouldn't have been able to match the 7-9 record we had this year.

He has things to work on but he is the best we've had here. If he can find a happy  medium between the checkdown king Brad Johnson and throwing a 30 yard back shoulder fade on 3rd and 5 we'll be in great position.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#43 : January 26, 2013, 08:41:14 AM

Who cares about records.  We want playoff wins.  I'm still behind JF but he has to get his head outta wherever it is.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 26, 2013, 08:43:46 AM

It blows my mind that a guy who broke almost every single season passing record in Franchise history can be considered by many in the media and fanbase to be a horrible waste of time.

A. It's a front running fan base. One that doesn't realize they're in danger of losing their team one day.
B. Same fan base that was on Garcia's nuts for being a "leader and winner" when the defense was giving up an average of 3 net points per game in his wins.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gil Brandt Gives Freeman A Horrendous Ranking « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools