Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Okafor and Datone Jones « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: January 25, 2013, 09:41:38 PM

I know many on the board here are in love with Ansah or Richardson. The problem I have with taking Richardson is that you don't really need two top notch DT's. On all but long down and distances a 4-3 defense is going to have one of the DT's lined up at Nose, or between the Center and Guard with the job of taking on the double team. If we draft Richardson we are going to have the 3rd overall pick or the 13th overall pick taking on a double team 75% of our defensive plays. We already tried that once with Booger McFarland and it was a waste. I like Richardson, but he's not as good as McCoy and wouldn't give us a great return for our pick IMO. Ansah has a lot of potential, but he is not JPP and most likely never will be. Doesn't have the first step quickness. He could be good given time, but that is definitely something we as fans won't ever have enough information to make a truly educated guess on.

IMO Alex Okafor from Texas or Datone Jones are two guys Bucs fans should keep an eye on as possible picks. If they go at #13 a lot of people may be surprised, but I think they are safer picks than Ansah or Richardson and either could give us more production. I prefer  Moore, Werner and Mingo over all of them of course, but I don't think those guys will be there.

: January 25, 2013, 09:43:44 PM BucsBay

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#1 : January 25, 2013, 09:43:10 PM

tell the lions you dont need two top notch DT's. Suh and fairley? *drools*

Go Bucs

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 25, 2013, 09:44:54 PM

tell the lions you dont need two top notch DT's. Suh and fairley? *drools*

How good was there D this year? You don't think they wish they'd taken Kerrigan over Fairley?

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#3 : January 25, 2013, 09:46:37 PM

nope i like fairley more then mccoy personally. kerrigan is a stud too but they are very happy with fairley. & their D is very similar to ours. god awful secondary. No pass rush(aside from fairley + suh). their ends are way worse then ours. the interior of their D line tho is the only non problem on their defense.
: January 25, 2013, 09:48:29 PM DEBUCSOWN

Go Bucs

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 25, 2013, 09:49:28 PM

nope i like fairley more then mccoy personally. kerrigan is a stud too but they are very happy with fairley. & their D is very similar to ours. god awful secondary.

Run D sucks too. Having 2 DTs that just want to get to the QB and none that want to protect your LBs isn't a recipe for success.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#5 : January 25, 2013, 10:05:12 PM

i would hardly blame either of them for their D being so bad but yeah i guess mccoy is better vs the run then either of those 2.

Go Bucs

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 26, 2013, 12:08:44 AM

I like Okafor. But then again it is very early in the process.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Okafor and Datone Jones « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools