Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis..... Top 5 Most Likely Landing Spots « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 26, 2013, 12:00:29 AM

Darrelle Revis: Top 5 Most Likely Landing Spots

By Michael Quinn

January 25, 2013    9:12 pm

Well, well, well, look who's on the trading the block -- the best cornerback in the National Football League.

After ESPN announced that the Jets might consider shopping Revis, the twitter and rumor world exploded. Teams and fans all across the nation are licking their chops at what might be.

Revis, on the other hand, isn't too excited about the news, shocked in fact.

"I'm speechless by far," Revis tweeted soon after owner Woody Johnson opted not to comment on whether the rumors were true. "..but more importantly I feel more upset for the Jet nation for having to go through this!!!"

Speechless or not, it looks like there's a chance the Jets are serious about letting the superstar go considering they finished second overall in pass defense last year without No. 24.

With that said, you can bet the NFL world will line up to try and lure this superstar athlete.

Let's take a look at the top five teams that will pursue 'Revis Island.'

No 5: New York Giants  
1 of 5

After finishing 28th overall in pass defense last year, you can bet these ex-Super Bowl champs are in desperate need of some secondary help.

Enter Revis.

Tom Coughlin and the Giants aren't a team that usually brings in flashy talent through free agency. That's because Coughlin knows how to draft talent.

Be that as it may, the Giants still need help. Darrelle Revis would fit perfectly, play in the same city and even play on the same field.

Leave it to Coughlin to try and lure Darrelle all the way to... well... right down the road actually.

Possibility: 20 percent.

No. 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2 of 5

While the Giants may have ranked 28th overall in pass defense, the Buccaneers managed to finished below them.

Actually all the way at the bottom -- 32nd to be exact.

Despite picking up safety Mark Barron in the first round last year, the Buccaneers didn't see much improvement in the secondary.

Thankfully for Tampa Bay, they're in the best cap shape in the NFC South, so pursuing Revis could actually happen in Florida.

Possibility: 30 percent

No. 3: New Orleans Saints  
3 of 5

While the Buccaneers were dead last in pass defense, the Saints aren't far behind. In fact, they finished 31st, and were 32nd for most of the season.

The Saints aren't in as comfortable of cap space as Tampa Bay, but if they free up a few contracts, they shouldn't have any problem at least making New Orleans look tempting to Revis, especially with a fan base that would embrace him unlike any other.

Besides the Falcons, the Saints are the only team that really has a shot at the playoffs anytime soon in the NFC South.

So if I were Revis choosing between the two teams, New Orleans would look pretty sweet to me.

Possibility: 35 percent.

No 2: Philadelphia Eagles
4 of 5

The Philadelphia Eagles didn't finish last in the league in pass defense, in fact, they finished in the top 10. No. 9 to be exact.

To be honest, I don't know how that's possible.

As an Eagles fan, I saw every play of every game in 2012. I can attest to how horrid the secondary of the Eagles has been.

It's not a secret though, considering just about every mock draft has the Eagles selecting Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner with the No. 4 overall pick.

That would mean the Eagles would have to drop/trade either Pro-Bowler Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie or (once) All-Star Nnamdi Asomugha. Well I say, drop them both.

DRC has shown an extreme lack of effort since 2011, while Asomugha is just.. well... old.

The Eagles SHOULD go after Milliner in the Draft, and they should ALSO go after Revis in free agency, those would be some great early moves for new head coach Chip Kelly.

Possibility: 45 percent.

No. 1: New York Jets
5 of 5

Let's be honest, whether Woody Johnson likes it or not, he would be absolutely insane to let Revis walk.

With Revis being rendered "speechless" after the rumors coming out and Rex Ryan coming recently saying he has no plans of trading the superstar, it doesn't seem to be in the stars for Revis to wind up anywhere else except for New York -- with the Jets that is.

Possibility: 75 percent

http://www.footballnation.com/content/darrelle-revis-top-5-most-likely-landing-spots/21112/

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 26, 2013, 12:06:38 AM

Uhh the numbers don't add up. Plus the Saints' cap situation makes this very unlikely.

In Verner We Trust

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 26, 2013, 12:13:53 AM

Saints have some RBs they could do for Revis, but thats about it. They can't afford to trade anymore picks.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 26, 2013, 01:28:58 AM

I think he ends up back with the Jets.  I don't think any team will want to give up what they are demanding.  Then he can be a free agent after the 2013 season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 26, 2013, 01:33:54 AM

It's the Jets own fault for letting Revis have that no tag clause in his contract.  What did they expect to happen?  I don't think they'll get anywhere near what they should, because teams could just wait a year and offer a boatload of cash without giving up picks.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 26, 2013, 01:41:33 AM

It's the Jets own fault for letting Revis have that no tag clause in his contract.  What did they expect to happen?  I don't think they'll get anywhere near what they should, because teams could just wait a year and offer a boatload of cash without giving up picks.

They are definitely a train wreck.  They have this Revis mess, their in cap hell, the Tebow fiasco. Sanchez is paid way too much.  I guess that is why Tannebaum [sp?] is looking for work.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 26, 2013, 02:23:14 AM

Besides the Falcons, the Saints are the only team that really has a shot at the playoffs anytime soon in the NFC South.
Ugh! 

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 26, 2013, 06:02:29 AM

WOW a 205% chance he lands in one of those 5 cities, I guess that no other team has a shot with impossible odds like that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 26, 2013, 10:38:46 AM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Tobias Funke

Starter
#9 : January 26, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

I wish this author would preface his articles with the fact that he's an Eagles fan so I don't have to read over halfway through it just to realize, "Oh, this guy's opinion is absolutely worthless."

Ms Elam

Starter

#10 : January 26, 2013, 01:50:47 PM

Sounds like bleacher report material. Clearly the article is filled with uneducated opinion. No real reporter work being done here, he hadn't talk to any personnel our heard rumors from insiders, he's just guessing according to his knowledge.  The eagles have a45% chance to land Revis? Based of what, the fact that he's an eagles fan who wants Revis.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis..... Top 5 Most Likely Landing Spots « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools