Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ziggy Ansah « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 26, 2013, 09:09:29 PM

Great performance by Ansah. I am happy that he shined during the game after a lackluster week of practices.   Keep in mind that he wasn't going up against 1st round tackles like Fisher and Johnson and all they really had him do was rush up-field and go after the QB which is something he does very well.   I expect the team that drafts him to use him in his first year or two just like the Seahawks used Bruce Irvin and as pass rusher on obvious passing downs.  He will need some time to develop into an NFL starting DE but he has got huge upside

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 26, 2013, 09:28:08 PM

Not really taking anything away from Ansah because he had a good game, but it's worth noting that a couple of TFL/Sacks were because the QB was a complete dumbazz and held onto the ball for entirely too long.  Again, he gets credit for his non-stop motor in the game, but he wasn't as dominating as his stat line indicates.
: January 26, 2013, 09:32:56 PM Biggs3535

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 26, 2013, 09:33:32 PM

Not really taking anything away from Ansah because he had a good game, but it's worth noting that a couple of TFL/Sacks were because the QB was a complete dumbazz and held onto the ball for entirely too long.  Again, he get's credit for his non-stop motor in the game, but he wasn't as dominating as his stat line indicates.

There is a reason that most of the NFL people leave on Thursday.  The game is really not the most important part of the evaluation process, its the practices.  These players have never played with each other and for this coaching staff.  A true gameplan isnt installed and there are a ton of rules regarding motion and blitzes that limit what they can do.  Ansah is a real intriguing guy and did well for himself today.  However, he looked lost at certain times during the practices and can be exposed early in his NFL career while he learns how to play football.  This was his first full year playing football in his life so that is to be expected.   However, basing your opinion on him solely on what you saw in this one game is a little naive

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 26, 2013, 09:34:35 PM

Not really taking anything away from Ansah because he had a good game, but it's worth noting that a couple of TFL/Sacks were because the QB was a complete dumbazz and held onto the ball for entirely too long.  Again, he gets credit for his non-stop motor in the game, but he wasn't as dominating as his stat line indicates.

He mad.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 26, 2013, 09:40:38 PM

Not really taking anything away from Ansah because he had a good game, but it's worth noting that a couple of TFL/Sacks were because the QB was a complete dumbazz and held onto the ball for entirely too long.  Again, he get's credit for his non-stop motor in the game, but he wasn't as dominating as his stat line indicates.

There is a reason that most of the NFL people leave on Thursday.  The game is really not the most important part of the evaluation process, its the practices.  These players have never played with each other and for this coaching staff.  A true gameplan isnt installed and there are a ton of rules regarding motion and blitzes that limit what they can do.  Ansah is a real intriguing guy and did well for himself today.  However, he looked lost at certain times during the practices and can be exposed early in his NFL career while he learns how to play football.  This was his first full year playing football in his life so that is to be expected.   However, basing your opinion on him solely on what you saw in this one game is a little naive

Agreed.  You have to get out the crayons and construction paper at times, like you did above, around here to explain things to simpletons like Deloris.  Good post.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : January 26, 2013, 09:46:23 PM

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I was supportive of the idea to draft him before tonight. I think he could be the elite pass rusher we certainly don't have. But there is definitely a high potential to bust

HolyBuc

Starter
#21 : January 26, 2013, 09:57:28 PM

If we end up not resigning Benett, we have to consider a pass rusher.  If not Ansah then maybe Dion Jordan or even Richardson .  This draft more than any other in recent memory should be filled with a ton of surprises, especially with QB in the first round.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 27, 2013, 08:25:39 AM

Agreed.  You have to get out the crayons and construction paper at times, like you did above, around here to explain things to simpletons like Deloris.  Good post.

Biggs is bending over and now accepting passengers . All aboard his "Butthurt Express" !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 27, 2013, 09:29:41 AM

I think ansah displays great pursuit, block shedding, and lateral quickness.  However, I don't see the explosion as a pass rusher.  Didn't he have 4.5 sacks this year?  Dom does not seem to take a lot of risks with 1st round picks.  I just do not think he is worth the 13 th pick in the draft.   I know JPP had limited production, but didn't he have double digit sacks his lone year that's he played at USF?  Maybe he will find a home in a 3-4 defense instead of a 4-3.  Who knows, maybe this kid is the next JJ Watt, but I think he has a lot of bust potential.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 27, 2013, 05:59:25 PM

much too high of a boom or bust rate with this guy.  People are hyping this guy up to be a 1st rd pick and he only played organized football for 1 or 2 years right?  He was a 4 sack guy in college right?  jeez talk about workout warrior to get this much hype. someone will fall in love with his combine numbers and draft him too high.  i hope its not us.  we aren't in a position to roll the dice with a 1st rd pick on a project and hope to develop him.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ziggy Ansah « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools