Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 26, 2013, 06:27:56 PM

I don't recall - was he the only FA worth signing for 7 years... I am not going to debate the quality of various FAs that come out and change teams every year. You are trying to move away from the math showing the bucs history of not spending money on salaries for a personnel discussion - and I offer it changes little to nothing.  Including poor draft picks over the time period (which for others following along - either are not re-signed or cost less than "good" players)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 26, 2013, 06:30:22 PM

I am not going to debate the quality of various FAs that come out and change teams every year. You are trying to move away from the math showing the bucs history of not spending money on salaries for a personnel discussion - and I offer it changes little to nothing.

The quality of available FA's doesn't affect the amount spent on said FA's?  Tell me I'm misunderstanding you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 26, 2013, 06:56:35 PM

Also worth remembering the salary cap in 2002 was $71 million. In 2006 it was $102 million. During this period good players did not change teams at the frequency they're starting to now because every team had a ton of extra money. They could keep all their good players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 26, 2013, 07:20:16 PM

And they got to 32 of 32 by spending money... got it FRG... okay, if that is how you wish to describe it.  For the masses who don't get it - over the prior 7 years the bucs spent tens of millions less then the 31 other teams.

drafting crap and having no players to sign to second contracts will do that to ya!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#49 : January 26, 2013, 09:52:37 PM

I enjoy conversing with you three as much as any on this site.  Please tell me you aren't going to say there no viable free agents over 7 years that could have improved the buccaneers.  32 of 32 by over 20 million - it wasn't even close.  I understand the draft picks failing to work out - but if a team picked up 1 FA a year - it would not have reached the state of disrepair it fell into. 

So - no Biggs - I am saying there either wasn't access to the funds to obtain better FAs or there were none
Yes, I recall the years when FA wasn't very appealing - however I don't recall years when there weren't FAs that wouldn't have helped the bucs
Other teams drafted poorly right along with the buccaneers Hate - and they found other ways to improve their rosters to supplement the draft

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

tmac87

Starter
#50 : January 26, 2013, 10:50:08 PM

Nah dog... Our pick(s) will be enough.. The league knows the Jets don't have a choice... Bump this in 4 months when the Jets will actually be able to make a move........... and it'd still be a no.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 26, 2013, 10:58:48 PM

If it's Williams for Revis straight up, then yes, I'd do it... but not until it's time for the Bucs to draft and Keenan Allen was still available.  Anything other than that, I wouldn't do it.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 26, 2013, 11:19:08 PM

Hell **CENSORED**ing no.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#53 : January 26, 2013, 11:37:25 PM

this ticks me off just thinkin about it

Haha me too me too

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#54 : January 26, 2013, 11:38:24 PM

If it's Williams for Revis straight up, then yes, I'd do it... but not until it's time for the Bucs to draft and Keenan Allen was still available.  Anything other than that, I wouldn't do it.

No. Period. I don't care what the circumstance. MWill is a young beast.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#55 : January 27, 2013, 01:13:21 AM

I like Williams and I think he's really good, but I think Allen has a much higher ceiling.  I actually think Williams has hit his ceiling already.  Revis+Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Williams... I'm sorry, but that's not even debatable.  That being said, I don't think there's any way on this planet that the Jets take just Williams for Revis.  The Bucs would probably still have to give something else.  Now, if it's a 4th round pick or later... yeah, I'd still do it but I would go any further than that.  Still though, the Jets would probably still want a 1st or a 2nd, and that I wouldn't do.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 27, 2013, 01:17:47 AM

I like Williams and I think he's really good, but I think Allen has a much higher ceiling.  I actually think Williams has hit his ceiling already.  Revis+Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Williams... I'm sorry, but that's not even debatable.  That being said, I don't think there's any way on this planet that the Jets take just Williams for Revis.  The Bucs would probably still have to give something else.  Now, if it's a 4th round pick or later... yeah, I'd still do it but I would go any further than that.  Still though, the Jets would probably still want a 1st or a 2nd, and that I wouldn't do.
Sorry, but if there is a more overrated CB than Talib, it's Revis.

Hell, I'll take Talib + Williams over Revis - 3rd/4th any day of the week.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#57 : January 27, 2013, 01:20:31 AM

Sorry, but if there is a more overrated CB than Talib, it's Revis.

Hell, I'll take Talib + Williams over Revis - 3rd/4th any day of the week.

That's fine.  Looks like Revis isn't the only person that has an island.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#58 : January 27, 2013, 02:53:23 AM

37, MW for Ginger and Maryann and you'd have to at least think about it.

In Verner We Trust

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#59 : January 27, 2013, 03:04:45 AM

I agree with whoever said no, because Mike still has upside..    He needs to clean up his routes and stop playing like he is on roller skates.  But he is still young, and could emerge as a legitimate #1 WR.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools