Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : January 26, 2013, 12:41:05 AM »

Darrelle Revis Trade Update: What Could the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Give the New York Jets?

Jan 25th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

by Leo Howell

As reported earlier on the Pewter Plank, the New York Jets are considering trading Darrelle Revis. The Buccaneers would be a reasonable location for the franchise cornerback, considering he is a player who would fill the biggest need on the Tampa Bay roster. The discussion took off on the previous article on the topic, with Buccaneers’ fans throwing out plenty of trade options. So what do the Jets want? And what could Mark Domink offer?

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports reports that the Jets are seeking a first AND second round pick. He then adds some artistic interpretation, and points out that they won’t be getting anything close to a first and a second. (He also adds that the Buccaneers are not currently considered one of the teams pursuing the Jets’ cornerback). But what could the Buccaneers offer, if they do pursue Revis?

Draft picks are an obvious choice. The Buccaneers have a pick in the high teens in every round, meaning that they hold an advantage over playoff teams pursuing Revis, as their draft picks are more valuable. The Buccaneers may consider trading a first round pick, but would also draw some interest with their second round pick if no other teams offer a first round pick better than the 13th overall. The extra draft pick acquired for Aqib Talib could also factor into any negotiations, as the Buccaneers may consider the two fourth round picks worth offering if it means bringing in a franchise player.

A lot of Tampa Bay fans suggested trading LeGarrette Blount, and that would certainly be an option. However, consider that the Jets have Bilal Powell, but may lose Shonn Greene to free agency. The question is, do the Jets consider Blount a better option than simply bringing back Greene? Blount is a restricted free agent, so the trade would have to be similar to the one that sent Wes Welker to the Patriots, where the terms of the restricted free agent tender are altered to allow the Jets the rights to negotiate with LeGarrette. I’m not sure the Jets gain much of an advantage here, as they’d be better off bringing back Shonn Greene rather than pursuing a similar player under more complicated circumstances. The Buccaneers could offer other players, but honestly, what is there to offer? The Buccaneers could offer Mike Williams, but that would mean they must pursue a wide receiver in the draft or free agency. No other position in Tampa Bay has the depth required to facilitate a trade.

Overall, it appears the Buccaneers’ best chance of landing Revis is if the Jets are enticed by the Buccaneers high draft choices, and ultimately, I’m not sure it will be enough for the Jets to give up their best player a year early and give up on his future.

Am I forgetting someone the Buccaneers could trade? If you’re the Jets, is the Buccaneers 2nd round pick appealing in a trade for Revis?

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/01/25/darrelle-revis-trade-update-what-could-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-give-the-new-york-jets/

buccaneerNW

Pro Bowler
« #1 : January 26, 2013, 12:43:52 AM »

No.

- Dont bee kritisyzun gramer end punktushun on dis baored becuz its for talkn uhbowtt the Bukx.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 26, 2013, 01:09:59 AM »

Hell no.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #3 : January 26, 2013, 01:18:38 AM »

Only if that means we sign "Big" Mike Williams of USC and Seattle fame, then trade him.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 26, 2013, 01:21:27 AM »

No way.

Turn the page.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 26, 2013, 01:27:16 AM »

Hell no

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 26, 2013, 01:32:05 AM »

this ticks me off just thinkin about it

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 26, 2013, 01:33:54 AM »

I would be pissed if we traded Mike Williams.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 26, 2013, 01:37:42 AM »

That would mean Tiquan Underwood would be our #2 WR... Why is this even a question?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 26, 2013, 01:42:46 AM »

That would mean Tiquan Underwood would be our #2 WR... Why is this even a question?

Oh Lord !

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 26, 2013, 02:24:18 AM »

I may have to turn in my fan card if they did that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 26, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »

No, why is this even a thread?

Vjax and Mike Williams are the only good receivers on the roster, and you want to entertain the idea of trading away Mike Wiliams?

Mike Williams is also a fan favorite, someone who the vast majority of fans love. The only way I would even think about making this trade is if Mike Williams made it clear that he wanted to be a #1 receiver somewhere, and wasn't going to resign next year,

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 26, 2013, 02:41:13 AM »

Hell no.

These words jumped out of my mouth when I read the title of the thread.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 26, 2013, 07:39:58 AM »

Williams carries Freeman.   If they traded Williams, imagine how bad Freeman would be then.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 26, 2013, 07:46:25 AM »

As far as the Bucs players are concerned, there are a few untouchables Bucs, and Williams isn't in that circle.

I'm surprised you didn't post that a 1:1 trade for Tebow would be okay w/ you.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools