Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

CanadianBuc

Starter
#15 : January 26, 2013, 07:48:44 AM

Java, Freeman is NOT as bad as you think and if you think Tim Tebow is good then you probably wouldn't know talent if it smacked you right in the face! Back onto the point I would never trade Mike Williams for Revis because Williams is a MAJOR part of our offence and We can get Revis without trading Williams so why would you even think about that

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 26, 2013, 07:55:02 AM

Straight up, maybe.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : January 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

When the Glazerhousers find out how much Revis will cost them, they'll put the kibosh on the idea of getting him here.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 26, 2013, 08:29:30 AM

We finally have a decent 1-2 punch and are compiling some really nice offensive weapons, I prefer not to break that up for a corner coming off a season ending knee surgery. I'll take a less CB in FA and a few draft picks at corner.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 26, 2013, 08:35:15 AM

We finally have a decent 1-2 punch and are compiling some really nice offensive weapons, I prefer not to break that up for a corner coming off a season ending knee surgery. I'll take a less CB in FA and a few draft picks at corner.
well stated - agree. too risky, guy has a tendency to hold out or threaten hold out, won't take less than what the Jets are paying - all in all, not worth it

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#20 : January 26, 2013, 09:15:39 AM

+1

Sean Smith please

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 26, 2013, 10:42:01 AM

Why even bring this up? what wr are we going to get that can make the catches that mike can. what wr can snatch a football off a cb's head and go 61 yards twice in a season. YOU DON'T TRADE YOUR CORE PLAYERS ESPECIALLY ONE THAT WAS DRAFTED IN THE FORTH ROUND.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 26, 2013, 11:20:11 AM

Here is.reason NOT to trade MW no one mentioned: he probably hasn't reached his ceiling. As good as Revis is or isn't, it i highly unlikely he will improve or even match his incredible year of a few years ago. IMHO, MW will crack 1k at some point in receiving yardage and maybe get to 1200.

In Verner We Trust

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 26, 2013, 11:42:51 AM

Here is.reason NOT to trade MW no one mentioned: he probably hasn't reached his ceiling. As good as Revis is or isn't, it i highly unlikely he will improve or even match his incredible year of a few years ago. IMHO, MW will crack 1k at some point in receiving yardage and maybe get to 1200.

Agreed.  The key is the health of V-Jax.  WR2 is a much better look for Williams than WR1.  I definitely see a 1,000 yard future for MW.  As a fourth round pick, he has been very productive.

Turn the page.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 26, 2013, 02:55:52 PM

Williams is probably top5 (alright, just go get it) receiver in the league. The guy makes catches that even VJax couldn't dream of making. Kid's a superstar talent who is in a perfect situation. Would I trade Freeman? Absolutely.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 26, 2013, 03:04:27 PM

We finally have a decent 1-2 punch and are compiling some really nice offensive weapons, I prefer not to break that up for a corner coming off a season ending knee surgery. I'll take a less CB in FA and a few draft picks at corner..
well stated - agree. too risky, guy has a tendency to hold out or threaten hold out, won't take less than what the Jets are paying - all in all, not worth it

i agree with each of these posts.  pass on revis

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 26, 2013, 03:11:07 PM

This is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time.  If there's any chance in hell of getting any success out of Freeman, it lies in having multiple guys that can catch his jump balls. 

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 26, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

Wright and Blount for Revis would work for me. Even throw in Underwood...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 26, 2013, 04:37:44 PM

sounds good  to me...not sure if Revis' salary will fly w/ the Glazers, though.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 26, 2013, 04:43:13 PM

sounds good  to me...not sure if Revis' salary will fly w/ the Glazers, though.

Wright and Blount for Revis?      Ya, good idea.

Maybe they can also trade Trueblood and Quincy Black for Aaron Rodgers?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools