Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#60 : January 27, 2013, 03:37:30 AM

I agree with whoever said no, because Mike still has upside..    He needs to clean up his routes and stop playing like he is on roller skates.  But he is still young, and could emerge as a legitimate #1 WR.

That's exactly what I was saying.

The possibility that he is the bucs #1 after VJ leaves is pretty good. If he learns from VJ and keeps his God given abilities, he should be a damn good #1 as a matter of fact. Revis is good enough to grant a trade like that, but for the bucs, it's not prudent to let one "cheap" star go, for another expensive one.

We KNOW we have an explosive offense, and at times, it's seems unstoppable. Why would they risk losing that advantage? All they would do is make sure the defense was stronger, while weakening the offense.

Now, if you are a believer in the "balance" of a team, this may work out well for you. But make no mistake, revis is worth selling off Williams. It's tinkering with something already works, which is why I quickly can answer this with a deffinate no as well.

Now, if they want to sell off DJ, Penn, biggers, gorror, miller, stocker, benn, Underwood, bowers, Foster, black, Qblack, Dotson, or either kicker/punter, I'd be fine with that.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#61 : January 27, 2013, 06:01:52 AM

Now I'm thinking they should trade Mike Williams for Revis.   I'd like to see what Sanchez or Tebow can do throwing to Williams.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#62 : January 27, 2013, 08:22:46 AM

37, MW for Ginger and Maryann and you'd have to at least think about it.

mmmm.... Maryann... wouldn't have to think about that at all!!  bye-bye M Dub.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 27, 2013, 08:30:06 AM

37, MW for Ginger and Maryann and you'd have to at least think about it.

: January 27, 2013, 08:40:58 AM JavaRay

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#64 : January 27, 2013, 09:33:58 AM

Now I'm thinking they should trade Mike Williams for Revis.   I'd like to see what Sanchez or Tebow can do throwing to Williams.

Lol, Sanchez. I'd rather have Freeman of the two years passed.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 27, 2013, 03:09:16 PM

Lol, Sanchez. I'd rather have Freeman of the two years passed.

Can't disagree with you on that one.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 27, 2013, 03:15:17 PM

I would definitely consider this as Williams has a lot more trade value than we invested in him. In this offense the #2 we is not as important as the slot. Plus I think Williams sloppy route running is part of the problem with the read/react offense. An elite corner is much more important.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#67 : January 27, 2013, 03:30:18 PM

I would definitely consider this as Williams has a lot more trade value than we invested in him. In this offense the #2 we is not as important as the slot. Plus I think Williams sloppy route running is part of the problem with the read/react offense. An elite corner is much more important.
did you even pay attention to the bucs and giants offense. slot wr more important than a number 2, get out of here with that. why would anyone traded a healthy player for a injured player?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#68 : January 27, 2013, 03:43:41 PM

I think they should trade both MWill and Vjax for Revis.    The defense needs to be bolstered.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 27, 2013, 03:53:18 PM

I think they should trade both MWill and Vjax for Revis.   

It sure would help push your freeman-hating agenda. That's for sure.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#70 : January 27, 2013, 03:57:34 PM

Throw in Doug Martin as well.    Let's see if Freeman really is the best Buc QB ever like some of you think.    If those guys are gone, he would still put up the stats if he was.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#71 : January 27, 2013, 05:13:07 PM

Throw in Doug Martin as well.    Let's see if Freeman really is the best Buc QB ever like some of you think.    If those guys are gone, he would still put up the stats if he was.

well he did throw for 3800 yards last year with guys like Preston Parker and Dezmon Briscoe having bigger years than they're probably ever going to have again

Hate

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 27, 2013, 05:30:47 PM

I would definitely consider this as Williams has a lot more trade value than we invested in him. In this offense the #2 we is not as important as the slot.

A slot guy isn't gonna catch Freeman's jump balls

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you include Mike Williams in a trade for Revis? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools