Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It’s hard to see the Bucs – or any team –acquiring Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #75 : January 26, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »

He was Revis Island 3 years ago. Since then he has had constant issues with his hamstring and now he has a blown out ACL....but lets keep pretending it's guaranteed he'll come back and be as good as he was three years ago.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #76 : January 26, 2013, 06:39:32 PM »

He's only 27 ...he will be back .

There's a risk behind any move , of course ,  but I'd feel better about us trading for a proven CB like Revis ( our biggest positon of need ) than I would if we followed Jdouble's blueprint :  Using our 1st two draft picks to select an unproven Nose Tackle and a Slot WR.  ::)
« : January 26, 2013, 06:45:37 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #77 : January 26, 2013, 06:53:46 PM »

He was Revis Island 3 years ago. Since then he has had constant issues with his hamstring and now he has a blown out ACL....but lets keep pretending it's guaranteed he'll come back and be as good as he was three years ago.
Even through the hamstring injuries he's still been  the best corner in football, no?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #78 : January 26, 2013, 07:25:53 PM »

I don't know. I don't watch many Jets games. From what I have seen he just isn't the dominant force he was 3 or 4 years ago. Hard to tell because the Jets suck out loud at every aspect of football. I'm just not down for paying one guy almost a 6th of the entire salary cap...unless that guy is a proven franchise QB. I personally don't think any player other than an elite QB is worth $14M-$16M a year. One CB doesn't make your team great. He certainly hasn't made the Jets great. I'm more in line with spreading that amount of money over two or three very good free agents because it lessens the risk and it has a greater impact on your team. It also avoids cap hell.

To me, I see it as giving up a first round prospect, and two or three top FAs. So to me, even if he comes back and is as good as he ever was, it's still not a better value than the three or four very good players you could get instead.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #79 : January 26, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

No 1 player at any position makes a team great , but adding a future HOF'er at an important position like corner sure doesn't hurt in that quest to become great....

If i had to rate positions on a team that deserve the most money it would be :

1. Franchise Quarterback
2. elite pass rushing DE
3. Shutdown Corner

So yeah , I don't mind paying the man if we can land him. We've got plenty of cap room.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It’s hard to see the Bucs – or any team –acquiring Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools