Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Happy 10 Year Super Bowl Anniversary Tampa Bay! « previous next »
Page: 1

Jaggerace

Rookie

: January 26, 2013, 08:47:49 AM

I swear that was one of the best days of my life and still remember it like it was yesterday. 

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#1 : January 26, 2013, 09:12:29 AM

Remember it like it was yesterday:

Sophomore year of college, game was awesome, esp watching it with a Raiders buddy that was talking trash all week. 

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 26, 2013, 12:03:40 PM

My message to Sapp and the gang:

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 26, 2013, 12:05:23 PM

I swear that was one of the best days of my life and still remember it like it was yesterday.

Unforgettable day and night!
Heck, even the week leading up to the game was awesome.

Turn the page.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 26, 2013, 04:09:54 PM

Unforgettable day. I was so nervous before the game. Seemed like time was crawling until the game started. A great day to be a Bucs fan!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : January 26, 2013, 04:24:12 PM

I was in Cameroon at the time on a work assignment.    I desperately wanted to fly to San Diego for the game and would have if it wasn't going to cost me $10,000 to do it.    They weren't even showing the Super Bowl on TV there in Cameroon so I had to find a US expat living there who would agree to let me come into his house and watch a football game from 3am until 7am on his satellite TV.    I found a guy who let me do that and will be forever grateful to the dude.     That was a game I did not want to miss.     What a great feeling to finally win that Super Bowl after all those years of people making fun of the Bucs.   

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 26, 2013, 08:27:52 PM

I remember that game.  Isn't that the one Bill Callahan won with Dungy's team?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : January 26, 2013, 08:34:30 PM

I always find the "he won with Dungy's team" thing (when it's meant as an insult to Gruden) to be ironic and does little more than compliment Gruden and show the ignorance of the person making the statement.    That's actually the ultimate compliment to Gruden and these people don't even realize it when they say it.    Any guy who can take your team and coach it better than you is a better coach than you.

There was a good quote one time about Alabama head coach Bear Bryant.   They said of Bear, "he could take his team and beat yours, then take your team and beat his".   That's how good Bear Bryant was.

The same can obviously be said of Gruden if he took Dungy's team that had continually fallen short and won the Super Bowl.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 27, 2013, 08:39:35 PM

I remember that game.  Isn't that the one Bill Callahan won with Dungy's team?

HA!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Happy 10 Year Super Bowl Anniversary Tampa Bay! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools