Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Every Possible Buccaneers' 1st Round Strategy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 26, 2013, 03:12:14 PM

As we get closer and closer to the draft I'll start to take out some different strategies as well as add more Rounds. Here is the Schedule per Round.
Round 1: Today
Round 2: Post Senior Bowl
Round 3: Post Super Bowl
Round 4: Post Scouting Combine
Round 5: Post Free Agency Period
Round 6: April 1st, 2013
Round 7: April 20th, 2013

Johnthan Banks - Trade Down Scenario - DT Early
1. Johnthan Banks, CB - Mississippi State (TRADE DOWN to #18 or Higher for 4th + Cond 7th Round Pick)
2. Sylvester Williams, DT - North Carolina
2. Logan Ryan, CB - Rutgers (TRADE UP to #58 or Higher using 4th + 3rd Round Pick

Johnthan Banks - Trade Down Scenario - CB Early
1. Johnthan Banks, CB - Mississippi State (TRADE DOWN to #18 or Higher for 4th + Cond 7th Round Pick)
1. Desmond Trufant, CB - Washington (TRADE UP using 4th + 2nd Round Pick)
2. Shariff Floyd, DT - Florida State (TRADE UP using 4th + 3rd Round Pick)

Darrelle Revis - No 1st Rounder Scenario

Dee Milliner - Drops Scenario
1. Dee Milliner, CB - Alabama

Xavier Rhodes - Trade Down Scenario
1. Xavier Rhodes, CB - Florida State (TRADE DOWN to #24 or Higher for 2nd Round Pick)

Sheldon Richardson - Stay Put Scenario
1. Sheldon Richardson, DT - Missouri

Jonathan Hankins - Stay Put Scenario
1. Jonathan Hankins, DT - Ohio State

Star Lotulelei - Drops Scenario
1. Star Lotulelei, DT - Utah

Ezekiel Ansah - Trade Down Scenario
1. Ezekiel Ansah, DE - BYU (TRADE DOWN to #26 or Higher for 2nd Round Pick + 6th Round Pick)

Dion Jordan - Trade Down Scenario
1. Dion Jordan, DE - Oregon (TRADE DOWN to #20 or Higher for 4th Round Pick + 7 Round Pick)

Bjoern Warner - Drops Scenario
1. Bjoern Warner, DE - Florida State

Kenny Vaccarro - Trade Down Scenario
1. Kenny Vaccarro, FS - Texas (TRADE DOWN to #23 or Higher for 3rd Round Pick + 6th Round Pick)

Eric Fisher - Stay Put Scenario
1. Eric Fisher, RT - Central Michigan

Lane Johnson - Trade Down Scenario
1. Lane Johnson, RT - Oklahoma (TRADE DOWN to #17 or Higher for 5th Round Pick + 6th Round Pick)

As we get further in I will eliminate scenarios which are no longer possible or very unlikely. I may also add some scenarios and if anyone has another one they think will be possible just leave it in the comments and Ill put it into the thread. The same Scenario might go in a couple different directions in terms of players selected.

What we know so far:
-We will probably not trade up in the first round
-It is very unlikely we draft someone who plays a position other then OT, DE, DT, CB, FS
-It is also unlikely we draft someone who has had suspension issues in the past
: January 28, 2013, 06:28:24 PM BucsFan18

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2013, 03:24:08 PM

I can't stomach another safety pick that early. I hope its either Banks, or Rhodes via trade down or Richardson or Milliner at #13.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 26, 2013, 03:28:23 PM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 26, 2013, 03:28:47 PM

I think you can remove OLine from first round consideration. Hasn't happened, and Dom has said it won't happen. I'd post the link, but this really should be common knowledge now.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#4 : January 26, 2013, 03:32:01 PM

I know but in the latest fab 5 SR said that the bucs are looking into the o lineman

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 26, 2013, 04:10:47 PM

I want Lane Johnson. I don't want Revis. Get best CB available in the 2nd, maybe Davis, and sign two FA CBs not named Revis.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : January 26, 2013, 04:16:11 PM

They need to select a Quarterback.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 26, 2013, 04:24:45 PM

A little humor is good; let's draft D. J. Fluker and convert him back to DT, where he played in HS... We need more beef on the D'line  ;D

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 26, 2013, 11:26:54 PM

Trade for Revis or draft a CB.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 27, 2013, 12:15:20 AM

Who says we won't trade up in the first? Trade up for Werner, take Trufant in the second.

In Verner We Trust

CanadianBuc

Starter
#10 : January 27, 2013, 07:37:23 AM

Dom likes trading down in the first then trading up later.

Buc45

Starter

#11 : January 27, 2013, 11:16:25 AM

Trading for Revis is a bad move...The guy will walk in one year (we can't franchise him)...How is that worth it?   I actually agree with Kiper on our pick.   Ogletree is a freakish player at 6'3 235 (with a frame to get even bigger) and would bump Foster (who can't cover the deep middle) to SLB... I hate reaching for need and there are lots of nice corners to take in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...I agree with Kiper and say lets take the BPA at that spot.  After the combine, his name will get even bigger...  Both David and Ogletree are great athletes, can cover, hit the hell out of people, blitz when needed...they would be a great duo.

I know many will freak out and disagree with me...I don't care... Last year I called for drafting Luke K. and Lavonte David back to back and got ripped for it... Though I like Barron, can you imagine having both those LBs back there?

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 27, 2013, 11:20:23 AM

" Trading for Revis is a bad move...The guy will walk in one year (we can't franchise him)...How is that worth it?"

Pretty much everyone else understands that a contract renegotiation is a prerequisite for such a trade.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 27, 2013, 03:56:12 PM

He traded UP for Freeman in 2009.

He didn't move at all in 2010 and picked McCoy.

He didn't move at all in 2011 and picked Clayborn.

He moved down then up in 2012.

So 1/4 of the time he has done what you say he "likes" doing.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#14 : January 27, 2013, 06:12:44 PM

He traded UP for Freeman in 2009.

He didn't move at all in 2010 and picked McCoy.

He didn't move at all in 2011 and picked Clayborn.

He moved down then up in 2012.

So 1/4 of the time he has done what you say he "likes" doing.

Well that 1/4 he traded down it worked a whole lot better then the other 3/4 + he got another 4th rounder this year so that basically tells us he will be trading down or trading up in some point of the draft and there really isn't anyone to trade up for so he is probably trading down...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Every Possible Buccaneers' 1st Round Strategy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools