Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Dungy deserve his Super Bowl win ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« #15 : January 27, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »

This is that time of the year we start getting dumb articles.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 27, 2013, 05:21:50 PM »

LOL @ people with the "article is dumb" comments. 

There's nothing wrong with the article.  If Tony wasn't mentioned in it nobody wold be complaining about the article itself, just discussing which ones belonged and which ones he missed.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 27, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »

Yeah, but you forget that Mr. Dungy is a nice guy, which should make him immune from any criticism.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 27, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »

I already put that card in play

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 27, 2013, 05:30:40 PM »

At any rate, Dungy clearly did enough to get the job done, so he deserves credit for that.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 27, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »

" I already put that card in play"

Ah, I see now that you meant that literally. Using wap2 on my phone, so I don't see the pics or vids. One of my better, if unappreciated, works.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 27, 2013, 05:41:52 PM »

Funny, I found that on a Colt's board ages ago.  Definitely a keeper.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« #22 : January 27, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »

LOL @ people with the "article is dumb" comments. 

There's nothing wrong with the article.  If Tony wasn't mentioned in it nobody wold be complaining about the article itself, just discussing which ones belonged and which ones he missed.

I have commented on a few articles being dumb and the lack of quality journalism on this board. Everyone does their part. Trent Dilfer is probably the only starting QB that won and was cut the next season. Yes he was an average QB but he did his "part" for them to get a ring. Saying someone doesn't deserve it when contributing is insulting and flat out dumb.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 27, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »

Still think Bears would have won by 3 scores if Thomas Jones got 30 carries, especially considering they got out to a 14-6 lead and it was pouring. They knew they were getting rid of Jones because they drafted Benson so high, they tried to get Benson involved early and he coughed up the ball. The Colts magically stopping the run in the playoffs was a myth. LJ, Lewis, Dillon and Jones combined for 5.1 ypc vs the Colts in the playoffs. Lewis, Dillon and Jones averaged combined 6.1 ypc.  Corey Dillon popped his hamstring in the open field on a 35 yard run and only got 7 carries. For some reason the Ravens only gave the ball to Jamal Lewis 13 times and threw it 32 times.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 27, 2013, 06:25:26 PM »

Meh, if controlling the less dominant side of the ball means you don't deserve it, then Gruden doesn't deserve his either.
Dungy actually controlled the dominant side of the ball during that playoff run. Manning was doing his typical choke act throwing 7 INT's to only 3 TD's that postseason.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RiotHeart

Starter

« #25 : January 27, 2013, 07:18:23 PM »

Dungy upset about minorities not being hired, blaming the system.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 27, 2013, 07:22:50 PM »

Dungy upset about minorities not being hired, blaming the system.

That's understandable.   The last I checked, the Bucs roster was mostly white guys. 

Oh wait...

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 27, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »

Peyton Manning isn't a bad playoff quarterback, he's just an unlucky one.

This is what you are knocking when you throw out the eight one-and-done seasons and 0-8 record:

- 176/362 (58.3 percent) – This includes over 30 dropped passes in what equates to half a regular season
- 2,075 passing yards (6.87 YPA)
- 10 TD passes, one TD run
- 6 INT – Three deflected off his own receiver’s hands, two thrown vs. 2002 Jets when Colts trailed 34-0/41-0 in 4th quarter
- 82.0 passer rating - This would rank 23rd all time in postseason history (min. 150 attempts).
- Six games with rating of 82.0 or better (five over 88.3, which is roughly career rating).
- Seven losses by a combined 26 points; one other loss by 41 points.
- Led in final 5:00 of fourth quarter five times.
- Led in final 0:40 of fourth quarter four times.
- Three overtime losses.
- Two games where Manning’s last possession resulted in a missed field goal by Mike Vanderjagt (2000 MIA, 2005 PIT).
- 2002 at Jets: Manning set Vanderjagt up for 41-yard FG, trailing 7-0. The next time he took the field, it was 17-0 Jets.
- A memorable play where Nick Harper could have returned Jerome Bettis’ fumble for game-winning TD, but was tackled by Ben Roethlisberger.
- Billy Volek came off the bench for Philip Rivers to lead Chargers on fourth-quarter comeback win (2007).
- The worst average starting field position for any road team in the playoffs in the last 30 years (2008 San Diego).

These are not normal occurrences, and somehow the same quarterback keeps experiencing them, and becomes the easy target every year.

http://captaincomeback.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/peyton-mannings-eight-one-and-done-nfl-playoffs-learn-what-you-are-criticizing/

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
« #28 : January 28, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »

All of those coaches  deserve those wins.  They had a choice to tinker and screw up a good system, or just coach to the strengths of the "the other guy's team", and win it all. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 28, 2013, 04:31:41 PM »

All of those coaches  deserve those wins.  They had a choice to tinker and screw up a good system, or just coach to the strengths of the "the other guy's team", and win it all.

Switzer ?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Dungy deserve his Super Bowl win ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools