Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I can't see why anyone would say he's not worthy of the Pro Bowl" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Cerious

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 27, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »

"I can't see why anyone would say he's not worthy of the Pro Bowl"

Did none of you catch on to this being a backhanded compliment? Who is it that's saying he's not Pro Bowl worthy?

You can start with Shaun King...

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 27, 2013, 05:22:48 PM »

The comments I'm finding from Donut King are dated August, 2011. The only recent ones are "King also praised Gerald McCoy’s Pro Bowl nod but explains why he believes a lot of McCoy’s votes were personality- and not performance-driven." Which is true of most Pro Bowl votes. Any others, or are all of these people just addressing Shaun King?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 27, 2013, 06:51:29 PM »

Ian Beckles , a guy who spent his career facing DT's , isn't sold either.

“McCoy had three good games early and he beat up the Eagles lousy right guard,” Beckles said. “I’m going to have everybody tell me McCoy is good when he only shows up for four weeks? Our leaders have to have attitude. He has to be hitting the quarterback. Our leader has to make plays.”

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80850

Is it really crazy to think people would be wondering what makes a guy with only 30 tackles and 6 sacks a pro bowler ?

« : January 27, 2013, 06:57:50 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 27, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »

"That's why I say, 'Liars figure and figures lie,' '' Rivera said. "It's not about the stats you put up. It's about the impact you make on plays.

I wish a few more people grasped this simple concept.

Except there are stats and figures that show how good he's been.

Sadly most of the PE majors that coach football can't grasp stats anyway so they cop this sort of attitude which morons love to lap up.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 27, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »

“McCoy had three good games early and he beat up the Eagles lousy right guard,” Beckles said. “I’m going to have everybody tell me McCoy is good when he only shows up for four weeks? Our leaders have to have attitude. He has to be hitting the quarterback. Our leader has to make plays.”

Is it really crazy to think people would be wondering what makes a guy with only 30 tackles and 6 sacks a pro bowler ?

Beckles is just jealous.

Ms Elam

Starter

« #20 : January 27, 2013, 11:34:02 PM »

Beckles is just jealous.
He doesn't sound like a retired pro, he sounds like a novice football fan. He's saying McCoy only had 4 good games but that's not true. Statistically he had 4 good games(assuming this is what Beccles is referring to) but clearly had high impacts in other games. Like the example from the article, he forced Phillip rivers into 2 interceptions.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 28, 2013, 12:29:03 AM »

For a pro bowl DT those aren't unusual.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 28, 2013, 07:36:15 AM »

For a pro bowl DT those aren't unusual.

If it was not unusual then Mike Smith would never have even been answering that question. Let's just look at the 3 other pro bowl representatives this year:
Even Suh , who only made it as a replacement and had a luckluster season according to most , had 35 tackles and 8 sacks.
Justin SMith had 66 tackles ( over double McCoy's amount ) and 3 sacks.
Henry Melton had  43 tackles and 6 sacks.

All better , even the alternate. I guess Girly Man must be pretty unlucky for these stats to keep eluding him while they find everyone else....

No one is saying McCoy sucks. He is admittedly solid when he's actually healthy. But bottom line is a top 3 pick should be more of a difference maker . Ever notice that stats seem to always find thier way to truly great players  ? Ask Warren Sapp.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 28, 2013, 09:20:47 AM »

Did none of you catch on to this being a backhanded compliment? Who is it that's saying he's not Pro Bowl worthy?

There are quite a few simpletons not giving McCoy the credit he deserved on this forum and in local sports radio.  See the above simpleton who is still making his clueless case.
« : January 28, 2013, 09:23:03 AM Biggs3535 »

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 28, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »

That's what I'm wondering, just how widespread this perception is. There must be quite a few, as it seems unlikely that division coaches would bother to address a few members of this forum, unless they're a lot more influential than we've been giving them credit for.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 28, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »

That's what I'm wondering, just how widespread this perception is. There must be quite a few, as it seems unlikely that division coaches would bother to address a few members of this forum, unless they're a lot more influential than we've been giving them credit for.
I don't think there's enough context for the quotes to be drawing any real conclusions.  They may have been responding to media questions about whether or not McCoy deserved his pro-bowl spot.  Or they may not have been.  I don't think the article really says.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 28, 2013, 12:20:36 PM »

Idiots in Tampa.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 28, 2013, 12:23:24 PM »

I feel like JP Peterson is talking about this every time I tune in via the web.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
« #28 : January 28, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »

"That's why I say, 'Liars figure and figures lie,' '' Rivera said. "It's not about the stats you put up. It's about the impact you make on plays.

Someone should tell this to the Josh Freeman apologists.

What a surprise thi is your quote on an issue not realated to QB

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 28, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »

I'm very influential in coaching circles . Many of them come to me for advice.  ;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I can't see why anyone would say he's not worthy of the Pro Bowl" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools