Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone else think Leonard Johnson can be a starting CB for the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

: January 27, 2013, 11:53:06 AM

Besides me? I mean a good starting CB..... I think he has ALL of the tools to be very good.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 27, 2013, 11:55:41 AM

Could...sure.
Wouldn't bet money on it, though.  I think we will learn a lot more about him this year, though.  And I hope you are right.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 27, 2013, 12:03:29 PM

I think we will learn a lot more about him this year, though. 

Agreed.  Need to see more.

Turn the page.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : January 27, 2013, 12:07:14 PM

Which Leonard are you talking about, the one full of potential that shows outstanding closing speed, or the one that stands there like a statue while the receiver blows past him untouched? A lot of Sybil going on there.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 27, 2013, 12:30:20 PM

Haven't we already seen him as a starter....:(

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 27, 2013, 01:01:47 PM

Haven't we already seen him as a starter....:(

I'd say this guy knows a little bit more than we do about a player's potential at CB.

Interesting read....

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=77888

Turn the page.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 27, 2013, 01:05:58 PM

He played like a typical rookie CB,  made some splash plays but also got burnt alot.   That is to be expected.  I am very interested to see who Schiano picks to coach the secondary as I think a sold coach can really help both Leonard Johnson and Barron make huge strides in their 2nd year.  I do see Johnson as more of a nickel corner who really is like a starter the way teams are throwing the ball these days

youngone

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 27, 2013, 01:11:30 PM

Can he be? Sure he can.

Should he be? No, no he shouldn't.

He would make a good depth guy tho.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 27, 2013, 01:13:35 PM

He played like a typical rookie CB,  made some splash plays but also got burnt alot.   That is to be expected.  I am very interested to see who Schiano picks to coach the secondary as I think a sold coach can really help both Leonard Johnson and Barron make huge strides in their 2nd year.  I do see Johnson as more of a nickel corner who really is like a starter the way teams are throwing the ball these days

Good analysis.  I agree that the right coach could be an asset to this unit.  There is some talent there but the team definitely needs more.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 27, 2013, 01:20:16 PM

I think he showed the potential to be our nickel, which is basically a starter in today's NFL. If I had to choose right now, between Biggers, Gaitor, and Johnson....I'm taking Johnson. Clearly showed the most potential this year imo.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 27, 2013, 01:20:42 PM

I think he'll be a very good player as he gets more experience...he made mistakes like any rookie would but has shown that he's able to bounce back from them. Tools are there and as mentioned above, coaching will be a big part of his development...I think he's a keeper and would feel comfortable if he's the 2nd or 3rd CB in the upcoming season as long as there's *competition

*not pretend competition like the QB position

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 27, 2013, 01:24:55 PM

would feel comfortable if he's the 2nd or 3rd CB in the upcoming season as long as there's *competition

I agree with this.  Right now, I'd like to see him as the 3rd and have him work from there.

I'd hate to see the team let go of this kid early in his career (like they did with Kyle Arrington) only to see him be play solid football elsewhere.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 27, 2013, 01:28:34 PM

Sign Sean Smith and draft Milliner, Rhodes, Trufant, Banks, Poyer, or Ryan. Also sign an old vet like Trufant. Then have an honest competition and let the chips fall where they may.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 27, 2013, 01:44:08 PM

I think he would be a solid nickel guy. Can't see him as an elite starter.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 27, 2013, 01:45:46 PM

Absolutely. Very quick and aggressive with good ball skills in a small area. As all rookies do, he appeared to struggle at times with consistancy. Reps will hopefully cure that.
    Not knowing the exact coverage in all situations make it difficult to know whether the "blow bys" we saw were on him, or did someone BEHIND him fail in deep coverage? There are coverages where the CB has short zone coverage with a S handling anything deep... Anyway, he appears to me to as good as anyone on the roster, and with a higher ceiling, IMO.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone else think Leonard Johnson can be a starting CB for the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools