Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone else think Leonard Johnson can be a starting CB for the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 27, 2013, 09:30:02 PM

I want a higher level of talent. Sure he might be great, but he isn't right now. Bring in FA S. Smith and Trufaunt, draft Rhodes or Banks, and let Johnson earn it.

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me.

Turn the page.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 27, 2013, 09:30:23 PM

Biggers and Johnson are the only keepers. Tandy stays as a hybrid.

Gaiter made a few plays last season, and they seem to like Gorrer.   We will see how it shakes out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#47 : January 27, 2013, 09:32:02 PM

Last year we brought in Wright, Tandy, Johnson, Lewis, Mcdonald, and Gorrer......and the result was horrific,,,,,Lets hope instead of throwing crap against the wall, becuase looking at that list there is allot of crap, this year they elevate the level of talent.....Smith, Trufaunt, and Rhodes would all start out of that group.

Grimes!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 27, 2013, 09:43:41 PM

Last year we brought in Wright, Tandy, Johnson, Lewis, Mcdonald, and Gorrer......and the result was horrific,,,,,Lets hope instead of throwing crap against the wall, becuase looking at that list there is allot of crap, this year they elevate the level of talent.....Smith, Trufaunt, and Rhodes would all start out of that group.

Grimes!!!

Grimes   5-10
Sean Smith....6-3

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : January 27, 2013, 09:46:33 PM

Grimes!!!
Grimes   5-10
Sean Smith....6-3

Josh Freeman 6'5
Russell Wilson 5'10

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 27, 2013, 09:48:50 PM

Grimes!!!
Grimes   5-10
Sean Smith....6-3

Josh Freeman 6'5
Russell Wilson 5'10

LOL    Good one.

But we need a big azz CB to cover Julio and the rest, or we never make it out of the NFC South.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 27, 2013, 09:51:59 PM

i don't disagree.... but admittedly don't know much about Smith.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#52 : January 27, 2013, 10:09:42 PM

Grimes!!!
Grimes   5-10
Sean Smith....6-3

Josh Freeman 6'5
Russell Wilson 5'10

+1

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 27, 2013, 10:45:18 PM

Grimes!!!
Grimes   5-10
Sean Smith....6-3

Josh Freeman 6'5
Russell Wilson 5'10

...but alas, Josh is merely 15!!

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 27, 2013, 11:42:02 PM

I firmly believe that Leonard Johnson can be a good starter.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#55 : January 28, 2013, 01:13:55 AM

Depends what you mean as "starter".

Nickleback?   Sure, but if you mean #1 shutdown CB in the Revis mold,  no way.

I am his biggest fan, but he is better suited to be behind a #1 CB, and even a #2 CB.

I would like to see....

#1           Milliner
#2       Sean Smith
#3         Leonard

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 28, 2013, 01:15:57 AM

I am his biggest fan, but he is better suited to be behind a #1 CB, and even a #2 CB.

I would like to see....

#1           Milliner
#2       Sean Smith
#3         Leonard
I support.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : January 28, 2013, 09:07:28 AM

I would like to see....

#1           Milliner (or Rhodes)
#2       Sean Smith
#3         Leonard

I'm down with that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 28, 2013, 09:19:36 AM

No.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#59 : January 28, 2013, 09:33:16 AM

Gaitor made big plays on 3rd down in every game since he was back from IR. That is what we need. We need to get off the field.

1. Gaitor stays and will become our slot CB.
2. Johnson stays and gets a shot at being our 2nd CB.
3. We draft a CB in the 1st and try to sign a 2nd CB but don't overpay for one
4. We do like Johnson and we do like Gorrer. I think we also see something in Lewis, Lequan that is, so I don't know that we sell out on getting another 3-4 new CBs. We try to get a #1 out of the draft or FA and I don't think we do a lot more than that.

Remember that the last 2 games in particular our secondary played very well. We saw Barron step it up in the pass game. We saw our CB, Johnson in particular, start to identify the ball and make plays on it and we saw an improvement with Anthony Gaitor.

I think we make a push for a nice start CB and FS and I don't think we make to many more splashes than that.
: January 28, 2013, 11:53:36 AM BucNY

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does anyone else think Leonard Johnson can be a starting CB for the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools