Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you want Aldon Smith on the Bucs if he were to be cut? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 20, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

So he said something stupid, probably jokingly and the guy should be cut? Have there been any other off the field problems with him or was this just considered one big thing? I think it will blow over just like the Desean Jackson ordeal did and you end up getting one of the best defensive players in the game. He's worth the risk I'd say and you would be dumb not to take the gamble.

Oh crap, yeah I just looked up all of his off the field issues and run ins with the law. lol, nevermind.

Ya, there is tons of stuff.  He is obviously a very troubled man, and needs help bad. I think it was Ronnie Lott, who said the other day, lets get this young man some help. He doesn't need to be in jail, or suspended from the league, he needs to be in a psychiatric program asap.

There is a lot more to the DeSean stuff too. Lately, his people have tried to make him out as a great guy that just needed a change of scenery. And they have done a good job of it too.  The truth is, he is still the same guy, and probably always will be, despite his people polishing up his image every time his contract is up. While his team mates were working out last week, he was vacationing on an island somewhere, tweeting his bro's pics.  He is not good with money either, after all the money he has made in the NFL so far, he was flat as broke awhile back. And he had to get a loan from his agent to the the tune of $600K IIRC.   Which BTW, has never been paid back, as of yet.

I'd support every man, woman and child having a therapist or two. It'd just be healthier. Jail only makes us into craftier criminals.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you want Aldon Smith on the Bucs if he were to be cut? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools