Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Licht follows the Cardinals' model « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

seanbassak

Starter

#45 : April 11, 2014, 09:16:57 AM

That was a solid draft by AZ last year, Sw0pe's retirement was a shame because he dude could play and I thought he was a steal where they got him.
Normally I'd agree that a G that high is bad value but last year's draft stunk, like so many of you have said. When he comes back he'll probably really be a big boost to their line. This year I'd hate to see us take any O-lineman with our first pick because of all the other directions we could go. Having said that, after a brief cool down period I'd be fine with Greg Robinson, lol. I think that no matter what position he's put at in the pros he'll be a cornerstone of someone's line for years. It would be nice to have some stability at G or T in the long run but considering we have Collins and Doston I'd like to wait untilo round 2 or 3 to nab a starting G.

\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\"

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 11, 2014, 10:39:30 AM

I think 20 being "great" is a stretch, but there are a lot of "good' to "very good" in this draft.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 11, 2014, 10:40:52 AM

I also question the effect a OG has on an offense.

It depends - some teams it matters more than T (Saints, for sure).

I can say that the lack of them killed us last year.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 11, 2014, 11:13:28 AM

Guy is a putz if he goes guard at 7.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 11, 2014, 11:18:03 AM

Additionally, the bucs WILL draft QB. It may not be in the 1st, but there will be a QB drafted.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Licht follows the Cardinals' model « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools