Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#135 : February 28, 2013, 08:00:06 AM

JDub what do u know about Quanterus Smith De Western Kentucky?

Yeah, I just watched the 5 games that are posted on youtube. I think his stats were a result of really poor competition. He really doesn't look explosive or overly instinctual to me. Looked like a very average player that lucked into a lot of sacks early on. Factor in the ACL injury and I'm not really interested. Just my $.02
: February 28, 2013, 08:04:44 AM JDouble

antcam

Rookie

#136 : February 28, 2013, 08:20:40 AM

Not trying to be argumentative, but 1 of those lines his stats look good against is ala.  Didn't watch the game,  so I have no idea how the sacks happened.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#137 : February 28, 2013, 08:37:19 AM

Shhhhhhh....quiet please..... jdub is watching film.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#138 : February 28, 2013, 09:29:17 AM

Not trying to be argumentative, but 1 of those lines his stats look good against is ala.  Didn't watch the game,  so I have no idea how the sacks happened.

Here is a 4 minute clip of the Alabama game, focusing on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCAavZMJBY

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#139 : February 28, 2013, 03:31:17 PM

1 against fluker, 1 against Cyrus possibly coverage, and1  inside Cyrus with help from warmack

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

antcam

Rookie

#140 : February 28, 2013, 04:47:50 PM

1 against fluker, 1 against Cyrus possibly coverage, and1  inside Cyrus with help from warmack
Is this a good or bad thing?  I like q smith strictly from a stat n measurement standpoint

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#141 : February 28, 2013, 10:00:43 PM

I think we go all defense in Free agency. I think we'll sign a couple defensive lineman and a couple defensive backs. Might even sign a linebacker. I could list names, but honestly I don't know who I want. All I know is there are a lot of DBs and DTs available and I hope the Bucs pick the right ones. We have a young defense and I think this year we add some veteran players on that side of the ball to shore things up. In any case, I think we fill the obvious defensive needs in free agency and head into the draft with Tight End as our only real need, which allows us to concentrate on BPA instead of reaching for need.

1st Round - OT Lane Johnson - The top three offensive tackles could all go in the top 10, but I don't think it will. I think Joekle and Eric Fischer go, but hopefully Lane Johnson is still there for us at 13. This guy has good tape, good technique, great power and athleticism. He is an immediate upgrade at RT from day one and could end up being our LT.

2nd Round - TE Gavin Escobar - Tight End is a need and Escobar fits that need as well as BPA at this pick. He is not the greatest blocker, but he isn't horrible at it and had gone on record saying that he is willing and able, just needs more coaching and practice. As a receiver, he rivals Eifert as the best in this class. He's 6'6" with long arms and big hands.

3rd Round - WR Stedman Bailey - Bailey is the ideal slot receiver for us. He is a bit undersized, but he runs crisp routes and has the most natural hands of anyone in this draft. He may only be 5'10" but his hands and arms measured in as some of the largest of all WRs in the draft. His body control is elite. He gets open and doesn't drop balls. Exactly what you need on 3rd and 5 to keep the drive going.

3rd Round - CB Robert Alford or CB Leon McFadden - I really like both of these guys and think they are underrated. I personally think they are better than many guys I see ranked above them and I would be ecstatic to get either one in the 3rd round. I propose we trade our two 4th round picks here to move back up into the 3rd and get one of these fellows. Even though I think we get two CBs in free agency, we can use another. Alford gets a slight edge because he is a good kick returner as well.

5th Round - RB Dennis Johnson or RB Zac Stacey - These two guys are almost identical to me and probably my two favorite RB prospects in the draft. Last year Doug Martin was listed as a 4th round pick until Febuary, then he climbed the boards and the rest is history. I hope at least one of these two guys stays put and is available this late. Both guys are in the mold of Martin. Short, compact, great balance and quickness. Plus they are both all around backs like Martin. Both are proven in pass protection and as receivers. Johnson gets the edge because he is also an outstanding kick returner.

6th Round - SS Shamarko Thomas - Some sites have this guy as a 3rd round pick, while others have him as a 7th round or undrafted. I love him as a late round prospect. He played FS in college, might have to be a SS in NFL. Either way he would be a great addition to depth and special teams. Definitely has the potential to be a starter some day.

7th Round - DE Mike Catapano - Princeton?! Really?! I know....but this guy can play. I think he is at least as good as Teo' Neisam and maybe better. I don't think starter, but very good depth. The guy is strong like bull, plays nasty and is very smart.

Undrafted Free Agents:

TE DC Jefferson
OLB Jayson DiManche
LB Jon Major
CB A.J. Bouye
RB Robbie Rouse
: February 28, 2013, 10:02:53 PM JDouble

CanadianBuc

Starter
#142 : February 28, 2013, 10:07:55 PM

Why do you like Stedman Bailey so much... He will be a decent player but we need way too many other positions addressed before we take a "luxury" pick. We have V-Jax and M.Will we need a slot receiver but a guy like Ace Sanders or Kenny Stills. Even a FA pick-up like Ramses Barden...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#143 : February 28, 2013, 10:26:58 PM

That's one point of view. Another would be that in today's NFL you need 3 starting WRs. I don't see WR as a luxury pick. We have zero behind Jackson and Williams. A real #3 and a pass catching TE are needs and will do wonders for the offense. Especially when it come to converting 3rd downs.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#144 : February 28, 2013, 10:35:35 PM

That's one point of view. Another would be that in today's NFL you need 3 starting WRs. I don't see WR as a luxury pick. We have zero behind Jackson and Williams. A real #3 and a pass catching TE are needs and will do wonders for the offense. Especially when it come to converting 3rd downs.

True but our D is 100X worse then our offence. This is how I rank our needs:

1. CB *
2. DT *
3. CB *
4. TE *
5. RT *
6. FS *
7. DE *
8. Slot WR/ KR *
9. CB *
10. OLB
11. QB
12. RB

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#145 : February 28, 2013, 10:42:55 PM

And I clearly stated that I think we go all defense in free agency, adding several veterans to our young defense, filling those needs before the draft.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#146 : February 28, 2013, 11:24:24 PM

Why do you like Stedman Bailey so much... He will be a decent player but we need way too many other positions addressed before we take a "luxury" pick. We have V-Jax and M.Will we need a slot receiver but a guy like Ace Sanders or Kenny Stills. Even a FA pick-up like Ramses Barden...

In the third, picking Stedman Bailey would hardly be a "luxury pick". Dude is much more of an NFL ready WR than Sanders or Stills. If Bailey is looked at as the BPA, then it would be a wise pick.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#147 : February 28, 2013, 11:46:52 PM

We need another WR bad! We are one Vjax high ankle sprain away from being one of the worse WR corps in the league. I don't trust Benn or Underwood and I know a few posters on this board better than I know the rest of the WRs under contract. Starting WRs are very good and I think thats making folks believe we're good at WR. I just can't buy that when teams like GB/NYG/NE constantly add good pass catchers to already very very good groups they all have.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#148 : March 01, 2013, 06:54:38 AM

I don't get the obsession either . I have us picking Ace Sanders in a later round , but that's because he adds the dynamic kick returner dimension we deserately need also. Bailey doesn't even return kicks.  Wasted pick that early , IMO. Drafting a guy specifically for the slot is stupid. A slot guy needs to be able to play outside also when your starters get hurt , and/or ideally contribute on special teams  , especially if you are picking one that high.
: March 01, 2013, 06:57:32 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#149 : March 01, 2013, 07:10:11 AM

Sanders is a track guy trying to playing football.

Bailey is a dynamic football player that excels at slot receiver.

Hardly the same thing. One has the smoothest hands of the draft and is ready to step in and play right away, while the other is a kick returner that will likely never be an NFL caliber  receiver. This line of thinking is why we ended up with Dexter Jackson instead of Mario Manningham in 2008. Athlete doesn't equal football player and 40 time doesn't equal greatness on the gridiron....but digress. I know I'm speaking t o a brick wall.
: March 01, 2013, 07:16:33 AM JDouble

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools