Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#375 : January 24, 2014, 09:51:47 AM

I'd love to get Landry.

You know, a lot of people are talking about Carr and Garoppolo, but I think Mettenberger is the guy we should target. His stock was rising and I didn't like him because it was looking like he was going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick....but if we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round now that he is hurt, I'd be all over that. He is a little rough, but I think he has shown more potential than Carr or Garoppolo. He could sit for a year and learn while he gets 100% healthy, and in 2015 he'd be ready to compete for that starting spot with whoever is here at that point.

Landry in the 3rd and Mettenberger in the 4th would be great.

The injury makes Mettenbeger a really good value proposition because instead of risking a r1 or 2 on him you will be able to burn a day 3 type pick on him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#376 : January 24, 2014, 10:14:13 AM

I like Mettenberger as well as a relatively cheap insurance policy in the QB development department.  I know that the numbers are fairly awful on later round QBs, but I don't think that means you shouldn't try to find them. I also wonder if the sea-change in QBs that's occurred in recent years (greater ability to step-right in) might start changing those numbers.

Alternatively, it seems like everybody wants to bring in Josh McCown as the vet, but I really like Shaun Hill. He's got nearly 1,000 attempts, with a 62% completion, 6.7 ypa, 4.2 TD%, 2.4 int %.  Under discussed problem with any vet though is that most of the experienced ones are going to have a bigger salary than Glennon (Hill made nearly $3 million last year). Not sure how that plays in the locker room.

I haven't 100% gone south on Barr, but I'm leaning heavily in that direction. Still need to do more homework on him. I tend to see him as 3-4 OLB, maybe like ex-Bruin Jamir Miller. I'm not worried as much about the size as physicality. One possible upside on him though is the position switch - some of the instinct things people complain about might be related to the transition.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#377 : January 24, 2014, 10:25:23 AM

I like Mettenburger but he is even less mobile than Glennon.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#378 : January 24, 2014, 10:36:38 AM

Alternatively, it seems like everybody wants to bring in Josh McCown as the vet, but I really like Shaun Hill. He's got nearly 1,000 attempts, with a 62% completion, 6.7 ypa, 4.2 TD%, 2.4 int %.  Under discussed problem with any vet though is that most of the experienced ones are going to have a bigger salary than Glennon (Hill made nearly $3 million last year). Not sure how that plays in the locker room.

Hill is a quality backup for sure.  He has played well when given a chance.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#379 : January 24, 2014, 10:40:40 AM

If we sign a backup QB I think Freeman would be the best choice.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#380 : January 24, 2014, 06:56:00 PM

I like Mettenburger but he is even less mobile than Glennon.

He isn't very mobile, but he moves around really well in the pocket. He steps up into the pocket or side steps to buy time....almost never drifts backwards like Glennon and Carr.  He is a big strong guy that can also push off a lot of would be sackers. Kinda like Bortles or Roethlisberger in how he stands strong till the last second in a tight pocket and delivers an accurate ball even with guys all around or even hanging on him.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#381 : January 24, 2014, 07:34:17 PM

I don't see him move very well in the pocket at all ....could just be the games I watched.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#382 : January 24, 2014, 08:27:09 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think he is very raw and needs much improvement.....but that's why I'd take em in the 3rd or 4th and let him learn/heal for a year. Kid has potential.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#383 : January 27, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

After signing a top DE and OL in free agency....

Trade back in the 1st to gain a 3rd....

1st - DT Aaron Donald
2nd - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
3rd - QB Zach Mettenberger
4th -  WR Josh Huff
5th - DT Zach Kerr
7th - WR Quincy Enunwa

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#384 : January 27, 2014, 07:51:38 PM

1st - DT Aaron Donald
4th -  WR Josh Huff
5th - DT Zach Kerr
7th - WR Quincy Enunwa

I like this draft. I just don't like Donald enough to take him at 7. im assuming that you traded back some in the 1st to pick up a 3rd? if you get Donald in the late Teens then its good.

id still like to see an OL somewhere in there and I really like Crockett Gilmore as a TE prospect

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#385 : January 27, 2014, 07:52:54 PM

I don't think ASJ is making it past NE and Seattle into the second round. Hate it....I want him. Glad you are still pimpin Huff though...

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#386 : January 27, 2014, 07:59:07 PM

I don't think ASJ is making it past NE and Seattle into the second round. Hate it....I want him. Glad you are still pimpin Huff though...

no he wont unless NE decides they like another TE more than him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#387 : January 27, 2014, 08:16:31 PM

Who knows. I've actually seen Troy Niklas ranked above Jenkins on some rankings. No idea how it will shake out, but ASJ is the guy I want.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#388 : January 27, 2014, 08:39:11 PM

1st - DT Aaron Donald
4th -  WR Josh Huff
5th - DT Zach Kerr
7th - WR Quincy Enunwa
I could get excited with this draft.  I'm not as high on Mettenberger as you are, but it's hard to argue with taking him in the 3rd.  I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see a McCoy/Donald interior pass rush.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#389 : January 28, 2014, 12:10:12 AM

1st - DT Aaron Donald
4th -  WR Josh Huff
5th - DT Zach Kerr
7th - WR Quincy Enunwa
put your guy michael sam in the 3rd and it looks super to me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools