Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31

CanadianBuc

Starter
#60 : January 30, 2013, 06:57:52 AM

All I know is we NEED another good receiver. We have zilch behinf Mike and Vincent. I mean Benn has been a huge disappointment and has one foot out the door, and Underwood is not a valid starter in this league. Sammie Stroughter's NFL career is just about over. We got nothing. Whether it be Bailey, some other draft pick, or a free agent....we have to bring a real #3.

Its true we need another good WR to play slot but to be absolutely honest we can get a slot receiver later in the draft or in Free Agency we don't need to waste a 2nd Round Pick on a "Lower Priority" Some teams would be thrilled just to have M.Williams and V-Jax on their team we don't have to get greedy......
By the way in my mind the High Priorities this off-season that we should address before WR are:
1. 3 X CB (2 Starters + 1 Backup) Sean Smith in FA and Logan Ryan, Desmond Trufant in the Draft
2. DT (Pass Rusher) Sheldon Richardson or Jonathan Hankins
3. TE Martellus Bennett or Jordan Reed
4. RT Will Beatty or Geoff Schawrtz
5. FS
6. WR
7. O Line Depth
8. DE
9. KR (Probably comes with a CB or WR

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#61 : January 30, 2013, 07:12:48 AM

When you're coming up with these mocks, do you ignore FA?  Just curious.

No , he ignores all logic and common sense.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 30, 2013, 07:25:24 AM

Its true we need another good WR to play slot but to be absolutely honest we can get a slot receiver later in the draft or in Free Agency we don't need to waste a 2nd Round Pick

If we want another Benn, Parker, or Underwood.....sure. If we want an actual difference maker, we have to actually invest.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 30, 2013, 07:31:23 AM

Projected in the 4-5 round:

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#64 : January 30, 2013, 07:55:43 AM

I'm interested in an early pick in a slot WR only if that player is a known commodity in the return game.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#65 : January 30, 2013, 09:44:29 AM

If we want an actual difference maker, we have to actually invest.

how many difference makers can a team actually utilize?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 30, 2013, 10:39:08 AM

If we want an actual difference maker, we have to actually invest.

how many difference makers can a team actually utilize?

So we shouldn't look at adding difference makers because there are already difference makers on the roster? We aren't exactly talking about adding a 4th WR in the 2nd round.

Sure, we aren't going to use 3 WRs on every play, but 3 WRs are being used more and more, and they are also on the field in key situations like 3rd downs and red zone situations. Kid N Play dropped what should have been an easy catch for a key third down late in the first ATL game that could have kept that drive going deep into ATL territory, but we had to settle for a FG. So while we can look at stats and see that they are on the field only 40%-50% of the snaps...situationally, those snaps are very valuable and can be key plays in determining the outcome of games.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#67 : January 30, 2013, 10:56:30 AM

Its true we need another good WR to play slot but to be absolutely honest we can get a slot receiver later in the draft or in Free Agency we don't need to waste a 2nd Round Pick

If we want another Benn, Parker, or Underwood.....sure. If we want an actual difference maker, we have to actually invest.

Some of the best slot WRs in this league came later in the draft or were undrafted, and I can think of a ton of 2nd rounders who didn't pan out.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#68 : January 30, 2013, 11:11:04 AM

Some of the best slot WRs in this league came later in the draft or were undrafted, and I can think of a ton of 2nd rounders who didn't pan out.
Yeah I'd prefer we just find some scouts who know what they're doing. You're not getting anywhere in this league when the teams you compete against are able to find better value with less investment than you.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#69 : January 30, 2013, 11:13:58 AM

So we shouldn't look at adding difference makers because there are already difference makers on the roster? We aren't exactly talking about adding a 4th WR in the 2nd round.

Sure, we aren't going to use 3 WRs on every play, but 3 WRs are being used more and more, and they are also on the field in key situations like 3rd downs and red zone situations. Kid N Play dropped what should have been an easy catch for a key third down late in the first ATL game that could have kept that drive going deep into ATL territory, but we had to settle for a FG. So while we can look at stats and see that they are on the field only 40%-50% of the snaps...situationally, those snaps are very valuable and can be key plays in determining the outcome of games.

we should be looking to add the best players we can.  but i think you are crazy if you think the thing that is holding back our offense is a dynamic slot guy.

i keep asking, and no one will answer it.  what teams utilize 3 WR's? 

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#70 : January 30, 2013, 11:17:07 AM

Agree 100% with Gametime.

The quest for .500 begins...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#71 : January 30, 2013, 11:31:07 AM

we should be looking to add the best players we can.  but i think you are crazy if you think the thing that is holding back our offense is a dynamic slot guy.

i keep asking, and no one will answer it.  what teams utilize 3 WR's?

Holding offense back was not even remotely implied with referring to drafting a guy to play slot. It's just about adding a different dimension to the offense. Several teams utilize 3 WRs...utilize doesn't have to mean that all 3 guys get 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 30, 2013, 11:33:50 AM

Holding offense back was not even remotely implied with referring to drafting a guy to play slot. It's just about adding a different dimension to the offense. Several teams utilize 3 WRs...utilize doesn't have to mean that all 3 guys get 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs.

what dimension are we missing from the slot?  how did we not utilize our slot position? 

i believe 1 team this year (GB) actually utilized 3 WR's...and i wonder if that had anything to do with aaron rodgers.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#73 : January 30, 2013, 11:36:04 AM

Anyone hear of Wes Welker. I think heś a game changer.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#74 : January 30, 2013, 11:48:58 AM

what dimension are we missing from the slot?  how did we not utilize our slot position? 

i believe 1 team this year (GB) actually utilized 3 WR's...and i wonder if that had anything to do with aaron rodgers.

So Underwood is just as good as most #3/slot WRs in the league? What did we utilize out of our slot position? C'mon man.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools