Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 37

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 30, 2013, 11:50:57 AM

So Underwood is just as good as most #3/slot WRs in the league? What did we utilize out of our slot position? C'mon man.

who are the #3 WR's better than underwood?  and to be clear, this isnt about underwood...its about how #3WR's are utilized in the NFL.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 30, 2013, 12:08:51 PM

So Underwood is just as good as most #3/slot WRs in the league? What did we utilize out of our slot position? C'mon man.

who are the #3 WR's better than underwood?  and to be clear, this isnt about underwood...its about how #3WR's are utilized in the NFL.

Off the top of my head...#3/slot guys who I would rather have over Underwood and who are utilized:
James Jones
Andre Roberts
Emmanual Sanders
Kendall Wright
Domenik Hixon
Rod Streeter
Andrew Hawkins
Josh Morgan
Mario Manningham
Jacoby Jones

There may be a few I'm missing too...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#77 : January 30, 2013, 12:18:33 PM

Off the top of my head...#3/slot guys who I would rather have over Underwood and who are utilized:
James Jones
Andre Roberts
Emmanual Sanders
Kendall Wright
Domenik Hixon
Rod Streeter
Andrew Hawkins
Josh Morgan
Mario Manningham
Jacoby Jones

1st, i apologize for turning 2 threads into the same topic. 2nd,  i admit, you got me on this.  i havent even heard of half of these guys.   i still dont think they would improve our team very much.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 30, 2013, 01:39:59 PM

James Jones
Andre Roberts
Emmanual Sanders
Kendall Wright
Domenik Hixon
Rod Streeter
Andrew Hawkins
Josh Morgan
Mario Manningham
Jacoby Jones

1st, i apologize for turning 2 threads into the same topic. 2nd,  i admit, you got me on this.  i havent even heard of half of these guys.   i still dont think they would improve our team very much.

1st, no need to apologize. 2nd, you can see two of those guys playing in the big game this Sunday ;)

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 30, 2013, 02:26:10 PM

Its true we need another good WR to play slot but to be absolutely honest we can get a slot receiver later in the draft or in Free Agency we don't need to waste a 2nd Round Pick

If we want another Benn, Parker, or Underwood.....sure. If we want an actual difference maker, we have to actually invest.

Last I checked Mike WIlliams was a 4th round pick .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#80 : February 10, 2013, 10:24:20 AM

I'm definitely out of my depth talking too much on college players and draft positioning, but isn't Lane Johnson one of the guys that's being talked about at #13?

As far as Manuel is considered, I've not seen anything from him that makes me think he's worth a third round pick. Beyond that, though, I think it's a mistake for the Bucs to draft a QB in the "early" rounds unless they are really, really high on the guy. It just makes more sense to me to wait until next season if they plan on drafting a QB.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#81 : February 10, 2013, 10:31:48 AM

Underwhelming.. Like the Escobar pick, I'd hope if we take a CB not named Milliner in the first we atleast are able to trade down and get extra picks.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#82 : February 13, 2013, 09:29:08 AM

1st Round - DE Bjoern Werner, CB DeMarcus Milliner, CB Xavier Rhodes, DT Sheldon Richardson, OT Eric Fisher.

2nd Round - CB Jordan Poyer, DE/LB Dion Jordan, DT Jesse Williams, WR DeAndre Hopkins, TE Tyler Eifert, QB Tyler Wilson, RB Monte Ball, OT Lane Johnson, C Barrett Jones,

3rd Round -  TE Gavin Escobar, WR Stedman Bailey, FS David Amerson, DE/OLB Cornellius Carradine, RB Eddy Lacy, DT Brandon Williams, LB Kaseem Greene,

4th Round - CB/KR Robert Alford, OT Menelik Watson, LB Gerald Hodges, LB Chase Thomas, CB Leon McFadden, QB EJ Manuel

5th Round - RB/KR Dennis Johnson, RB Jawan Jamison, LB Nico Johnson, FS Bacarri Rambo

6th, 7th, & Undrafted - LB Michael Clay, CB/FS A.J. Bouye, LB Jon Major, DE Armonty Bryant, WR Uzoma Nwachukwu, DE Mike Catapano, OLB/DE Brandon Sharpe, TE Jake Stoneburner, TE Zach Sudfeld, TE Philip Lutzenkirchen,
: February 14, 2013, 03:20:43 PM JDouble

McCoy93

Starter

#83 : February 13, 2013, 10:52:53 AM

Chace i could have sworn James Jones was the #2; I believe Cobb is the slot man

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#84 : February 13, 2013, 01:31:57 PM

Injuries to Nelson and Jennings forced that squad to use their WRs in all sorts of ways. If you look at Jones or Cobb as the #3 WR...either one would be on that list of #3WRs that I would rather have over Underwood.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#85 : February 13, 2013, 01:54:45 PM

Bailey adds a suddenness to the underneath game, as well being a cat quick type the Bucs sorely need. Problem is, will Freeman be able to put the ball between the #'s and into a spot where a guy like Bailey will be able to utilize his talents?  Methinks not consistently, and with an inability to make reads and being awful when facing quick pressure, it almost seems like folly. Bucs need a big tight end with solid receiving skill to compliment Free. A guy who can go up and outmuscle defenders.

A lot is going to change between now and then. Don't jump the gun too early. But I am over taking X with the 13...but a monster combine changes a lot...

Rhodes does have the measurables but is he Elite? Out side of Talib, have the Bucs ever invested a 1st round pick on a CB? This CB class is weak and that is why I think the Bucs will seek help via Free Agency at CB.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#86 : February 13, 2013, 02:13:39 PM

Personally I think the Bucs are going to trade back and not up. There are a couple of Georgia kids I like in this draft. (Disclaimer- I'm not a Bulldog fans) Either should be available at #13 or if a trade back into the 20's occur.

John Jenkins could be a target, especially if the Bucs don't re-sign Roy Miller. The other guy is Alec Olgetree.

If the Bucs go offense then it will be on the OL in the shape of DJ Fluker or Oklahoma T Lane Johnson. Fluker starts at RT from day #1. Lane Johnson pushes Penn to the RT slot either in camp or during the season. Either way the Bucs OL gets better and adds depth.

McCoy93

Starter

#87 : February 13, 2013, 03:27:39 PM

Injuries to Nelson and Jennings forced that squad to use their WRs in all sorts of ways. If you look at Jones or Cobb as the #3 WR...either one would be on that list of #3WRs that I would rather have over Underwood.

Actually the more i think about. Green Bay doesn't really have that dominant receiver; Any of those wideouts can beat you. Rodgers is just soo good at spreading the ball around.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#88 : February 13, 2013, 03:32:04 PM

Actually the more i think about. Green Bay doesn't really have that dominant receiver; Any of those wideouts can beat you. Rodgers is just soo good at spreading the ball around.

Of that group, I would rank Jones as the 4th best, which is why I mentioned his name in the group of 3rd WRs. I do agree that none of their guys are stud #1s. Arguably, Jennings was a few years ago, but he seems to have taken a step back.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#89 : February 19, 2013, 04:18:18 PM

Got my favorite 50 started. Still very fluid. Only have 41 guys right now. Didn't want to start a separate thread.

1. DE Bjoern Werner
2. CB DeMarcus Milliner
3. CB Xavier Rhodes
4. OT Eric Fisher
5. DT Sheldon Richardson
6.  DE/LB Dion Jordan
7.  TE Tyler Eifert
8. DT Jesse Williams
9. WR DeAndre Hopkins
10. CB Jordan Poyer

11.  TE Gavin Escobar
12. DE/OLB Cornellius Carradine
13. OT Lane Johnson
14.  WR Stedman Bailey
15. QB Tyler Wilson
16. CB Leon McFadden
17. FS David Amerson
18. RB Monte Ball
19. RB Eddy Lacy
20. DT Brandon Williams

21. LB Kaseem Greene,
22.  RB/KR Dennis Johnson
23. OT Menelik Watson
24. LB Jon Major
25. LB Chase Thomas
26. C Barrett Jones
27. QB EJ Manuel
28. CB/KR Robert Alford
29. RB Jawan Jamison
30. LB Nico Johnson

31. FS Bacarri Rambo
32. LB Michael Clay
33. CB/FS A.J. Bouye
34. LB Gerald Hodges
35. DE Armonty Bryant
36. WR Uzoma Nwachukwu
37. DE Mike Catapano
38. OLB/DE Brandon Sharpe
39. TE Jake Stoneburner
40. TE Zach Sudfeld

41. TE Philip Lutzenkirchen

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 37
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JDouble's Offseason Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools