Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cowboys have 19 Free Agents that could be available « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 26, 2013, 09:38:16 AM

I'd give Jenkins a 2 year/ $5M deal will $2M guaranteed, all of it in the first year. Nothing more than that. This way if he sucks we can cut him after one year with no penalty and only lose out on the $2M he makes in 2013....but he'll probably get more just because corner back is a high priority and highly paid position. He isn't proven and is too risky to offer anything more, but he can't be worse than Myron Lewis.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 27, 2013, 05:17:19 PM

I'd give Jenkins a 2 year/ $5M deal will $2M guaranteed, all of it in the first year. Nothing more than that. This way if he sucks we can cut him after one year with no penalty and only lose out on the $2M he makes in 2013....but he'll probably get more just because corner back is a high priority and highly paid position. He isn't proven and is too risky to offer anything more, but he can't be worse than Myron Lewis.

PFF has him rated pretty low, even lower than Brandon McDonald. Only 6 free agent CB's rated lower than Jenkins.

Mike Jenkins

Ryan Mouton

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Brice McCain

Antoine Cason

Quentin Jammer

Cassius Vaughn

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 27, 2013, 05:30:45 PM

I don't put much stock in PFF. I don't know why they have DRC, Jammer, and Cason ranked so low, but they are all good players in my book.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 27, 2013, 05:33:53 PM

I don't put much stock in PFF. I don't know why they have DRC, Jammer, and Cason ranked so low, but they are all good players in my book.

Jammer is close to Social Security benefits.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 27, 2013, 05:45:28 PM

So is Trufant, but I'd give either guy a 1 or 2 year deal. Not going to coast much and we could use an old vet in this young secondary. If they can't cut it in camp, cut em.

Buck N Up

Starter

#20 : January 27, 2013, 07:18:17 PM

Spencer or Butler would be my choice. Maybe Ogletree.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 27, 2013, 08:35:14 PM

Spencer or Butler would be my choice. Maybe Ogletree.

If Ogletree can be a slot guy, I would be all for it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 27, 2013, 09:05:23 PM

So is Trufant, but I'd give either guy a 1 or 2 year deal. Not going to coast much and we could use an old vet in this young secondary. If they can't cut it in camp, cut em.

Newman was a good sign for the Bengals at the age of 33. I'm all for picking a vet up like Trufant to go with his younger brother.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 28, 2013, 06:00:50 PM

Counting Ronde out already?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 28, 2013, 06:45:25 PM

No. I think he'll be back....but one Ronde and a bunch of kids is still a young secondary. We could use another vet with experience.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 28, 2013, 06:56:54 PM

No. I think he'll be back....but one Ronde and a bunch of kids is still a young secondary. We could use another vet with experience.

If the secondary got too crowded, they could always make Ronde DB coach.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Ms Elam

Starter

#26 : January 28, 2013, 09:07:50 PM

Jenkins is no ball hawk sorry. 8 picks in 3 years? Talib is a ball hawk. He probably has twice as many if not more in the same span.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cowboys have 19 Free Agents that could be available « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools