Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone think Joe Flacco is worth 20 million a year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 28, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

Hate, by your criteria, Tebow is as good as Ryan, Sanchez is better than Ryan, and Dilfer is better than Marino and Kelly.

Flacco has been unbelievable and he is going to get a lot of money, but I still think Ryan is a little better. Hate, obviously we all hate the Falcons, but it is ridiculous when you say Ryan sucks. He's pretty damn good.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 28, 2013, 07:24:54 PM

Hate, by your criteria, Tebow is as good as Ryan, Sanchez is better than Ryan, and Dilfer is better than Marino and Kelly.

Flacco has been unbelievable and he is going to get a lot of money, but I still think Ryan is a little better. Hate, obviously we all hate the Falcons, but it is ridiculous when you say Ryan sucks. He's pretty damn good.

Was just about to post this.

It blows my mind that some people here still think winning in the playoffs and just games in general, all falls in the hands of the QB.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 28, 2013, 07:42:33 PM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

HolyBuc

Starter
#18 : January 28, 2013, 07:58:16 PM

@RapSheet: The internal view from Joe Flacco's camp: He's playing better than Peyton Manning, who makes $18M per year. Target is higher than that

Flacco's camp is really laying the ground work for a long negotiation, like Bree's last year.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 28, 2013, 08:17:58 PM

Of course that's what they're going for.  You don't aim what you will settle for, you aim higher so the middle-ground ends up being what you want.  He'll get 5/70-75

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 28, 2013, 08:23:08 PM

Any intelligent observer not named Java knows that BS

What exactly has Ryan done that Flacco hasn't?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 28, 2013, 08:26:05 PM

It blows my mind that some people here still think winning in the playoffs and just games in general, all falls in the hands of the QB.

The Falcons' shortcomings in the postseason fall directly in the lap of Ryan. Shut out vs the Giants and shut out in the second half last week....and turning the ball over twice in the process. Have you not watched him play?

Tony Romo has shown you its not all about regular season stats.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 28, 2013, 08:28:43 PM

The Falcons' shortcomings in the postseason fall directly in the lap of Ryan. Shut out vs the Giants and shut out in the second half last week....and turning the ball over twice in the process. Have you not watched him play?

And Mark Sanchez has shown that it's not all about playoff stats.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 28, 2013, 08:30:48 PM

Hate, it's a TEAM sport. Ryan has been pretty spectacular and any intelligent observer not named Java would agree with that. Like I said, Flacco is pretty damn good, but so is Ryan. You made your criteria clear for what constitutes a better QB and I think it is flawed. Determining a great QB needs to take into account many things.

gone

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 28, 2013, 08:31:36 PM

You both seem to fail to understand what Hate was pointing out.  It's not just about wins.  Flacco has played well in the playoffs.  Ryan chokes.

And like it or not, the QB is the most important guy on the field.  And he only becomes more important in the playoffs.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 28, 2013, 08:32:34 PM

Hate, it's a TEAM sport. Ryan has been pretty spectacular and any intelligent observer not named Java would agree with that. Like I said, Flacco is pretty damn good, but so is Ryan. You made your criteria clear for what constitutes a better QB and I think it is berg flawed.
 Determining a great QB needs to take into account many things.

On that, we agree..... and i don't see a great QB in Ryan. FYI.... Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors for a reason.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 28, 2013, 08:35:31 PM

I've watched him play plenty. He put up 396 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT against one of the best defenses in the league. And you think it's his fault they lost the game? Unreal.

Flacco is lucky as **CENSORED** to even be in the Superbowl. If Rahim Moore had any football smarts, the Ravens would have been knocked out in the 2nd round.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 28, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

You both seem to fail to understand what Hate was pointing out.  It's not just about wins.  Flacco has played well in the playoffs. Ryan chokes.

And like it or not, the QB is the most important guy on the field.  And he only becomes more important in the playoffs.

Ahhh... a sensible post. Thnx, Doc!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 28, 2013, 08:36:47 PM

I've watched him play. He put up 396 yards, 3 TD's and 1 INT against one of the best defenses in the league. And you think it's his fault they lost the game? Unreal.

The guy scored ZERO points in the second half....at home, turning the ball over twice in the process. Exactly who should take the 'credit' for that??

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 28, 2013, 08:36:53 PM

You both seem to fail to understand what Hate was pointing out.  It's not just about wins.  Flacco has played well in the playoffs.  Ryan chokes.

It's also a TEAM game though. Of course QB is the most important guy on the field, but a play here or there shouldn't be the difference between someone stinks and someone is great. If Tyree and Manningham didn't make those catches, would Eli still be elite? I say of course. Being a great QB is based on a lot more than one or two things. You have to look at the overall body of work. Dilfer is not better than Kelly or Marino based on overall body of work, but he does deserve a lot of credit and it is something may no one can take away from him. Sitting on the outside though as a fan, you need to look at more to come up with who's a good QB.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone think Joe Flacco is worth 20 million a year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools