Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone think Joe Flacco is worth 20 million a year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #45 : January 28, 2013, 10:06:32 PM »

Oh, there was an OP, sorry, that Matty Ice $hit was making me laugh too hard to remember this was originally about Flacco and $20 mil.  per.  That would make him the highest paid player in the league, so NO, I don't think he is worth that, but more than Matty Ice and Vick and Rivers and Bradford, YES.  That would be $16Mil +.  I say he settles for 16-17 with a loss in the SB and 18-19 with a win.  If the Ravens really do give him Peyton Manning money, they are nuts, but he deserves 15-17 the way other guys are getting paid maybe even more.  Probably more a product of them not deserving it and him deserving right around Rivers/Bradford 15 mil.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #46 : January 28, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »

I really wasn't sure what the top guys were making but i just took a gander at the top 10 QBs and see him right around the $15mil range

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/average/quarterback/

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #47 : January 28, 2013, 10:20:01 PM »

I can't believe the money Philip Rivers and Sam Bradford are making.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #48 : January 28, 2013, 10:50:59 PM »

Some of the last big contracts before the rookie scale was implemented were amazing. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #49 : January 28, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »

Flacco camp believes Joe has outplayed Peyton

Posted by Evan Silva on January 28, 2013, 9:41 PM EST

Earlier Monday, we passed along news that quarterback Joe Flacco will target Drew Brees money in post-season contract negotiations with the Ravens. Flacco’s rookie deal is up, and he’s not giving any hometown discounts.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network filed a Monday evening report on Total Access that makes Flacco’s stance seem even stronger and more dug in.

“I’m told his camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning,” Rapoport said, referring to the NFL MVP favorite and future Hall of Famer, who pulls in $19.2 million a year. “Expect them to shoot higher than that.” It’s expected that the Ravens and Flacco will resume contract deliberations immediately after Sunday’s Super Bowl.

Although Flacco will be working from a position of strength, the Ravens do have leverage. It’s called the franchise tag, and at the very least could buy G.M. Ozzie Newsome some negotiating time.

The tentative 2013 franchise number for quarterbacks is $14.642 million, significantly more affordable than the annual average Flacco and his “camp” are eyeballing.

It’s not difficult to imagine talks turning a bit frosty if the franchise tag is indeed wielded. The contract Flacco is targeting would place a debilitating burden on Baltimore’s annual salary cap, and the Ravens under Newsome don’t do bad business.

Flacco is trying to get paid like he’s headed for Canton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/flacco-camp-believes-joe-has-outplayed-peyton/

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #50 : January 28, 2013, 11:16:50 PM »

In my opinion. Flacco is pretty pedestrian during the reg season, but turns it up a notch in the playoffs.  Not a bad trait to have.
« : January 29, 2013, 02:48:54 AM The Anti-Java »

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #51 : January 28, 2013, 11:41:47 PM »

You guys really throwing Bradford into this conversation? He's not as good as Freeman.

In Verner We Trust

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #52 : January 28, 2013, 11:54:20 PM »

You guys really throwing Bradford into this conversation? He's not as good as Freeman.

If I am reading this correctly, it seems that the only reason Bradford was brought up was simply because of his cap number.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #53 : January 29, 2013, 02:25:09 AM »

Ryan is a damn good QB. Just proves my point that this board would hate any QB we had the moment he screwed up.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #54 : January 29, 2013, 07:45:27 AM »

Flacco camp believes Joe has outplayed Peyton

Posted by Evan Silva on January 28, 2013, 9:41 PM EST

Earlier Monday, we passed along news that quarterback Joe Flacco will target Drew Brees money in post-season contract negotiations with the Ravens. Flacco’s rookie deal is up, and he’s not giving any hometown discounts.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network filed a Monday evening report on Total Access that makes Flacco’s stance seem even stronger and more dug in.

“I’m told his camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning,” Rapoport said, referring to the NFL MVP favorite and future Hall of Famer, who pulls in $19.2 million a year. “Expect them to shoot higher than that.” It’s expected that the Ravens and Flacco will resume contract deliberations immediately after Sunday’s Super Bowl.

Although Flacco will be working from a position of strength, the Ravens do have leverage. It’s called the franchise tag, and at the very least could buy G.M. Ozzie Newsome some negotiating time.

The tentative 2013 franchise number for quarterbacks is $14.642 million, significantly more affordable than the annual average Flacco and his “camp” are eyeballing.

It’s not difficult to imagine talks turning a bit frosty if the franchise tag is indeed wielded. The contract Flacco is targeting would place a debilitating burden on Baltimore’s annual salary cap, and the Ravens under Newsome don’t do bad business.

Flacco is trying to get paid like he’s headed for Canton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/flacco-camp-believes-joe-has-outplayed-peyton/
If I was his agent, or in his 'camp' lining up to benefit I would tell you he was AT LEAST as good and likely better than anyone else in the league.  Now if you laughed I would offer 'a guy has to try'.... lol

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #55 : January 29, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »

This is the danger of letting your QB go into the season on the last year of his contract. They have great season then have the franchise by the balls. Happened with Brees in 2011, Flacco in 2012... and there's a QB scheduled to be UFA in 2014 but I forget who it is....

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #56 : January 29, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »

Man that's a lot of money. Flacco is on fire and playing a lot better than I ever thought he would. But he has the Josh Freeman syndrome and will look like the best QB in the league for a month then the worst for a month. I just don't know if he'll get Peyton Manning money when he isn't nearly as consistent, or good, as Manning.

I just don't know if you give him 6-8 years at 20 million a year based on this playoff run. There is a reason they let him play out his contract like the Bucs are letting Freeman. It's because they are still unsure of what/who he is.

I think he may get franchised.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #57 : January 29, 2013, 08:53:48 AM »

Freeman would have to win the SB and league MVP next season to come clowe to havIng this team by the balls.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #58 : January 29, 2013, 08:55:06 AM »

I think he may get franchised.

Then he just won't report to camp.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #59 : January 29, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »

What's Orlovsky make?  I'd give Flacco about double that.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone think Joe Flacco is worth 20 million a year? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools