Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens RB Rice lauds team-first approach of his former coach Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 29, 2013, 12:04:10 AM

JANUARY 28, 2013

Ravens RB Rice lauds team-first approach of his former coach Schiano

Ravens running back Ray Rice has long been a favorite of Bucs coach Greg Schiano since their days together at Rutgers.

The feeling is mutual. Rice said Schiano's team-first approach reminds him a lot of the one deployed by Ravens coach John Harbaugh.

"Coach Schiano did a great job,'' Rice said from the Super Bowl Monday. "Hes always had my respect as a man, as a father and as a husband. Ive seen the way not only that he took care of us as his kids, but you see the way he takes care of his family. Hes always about team first, and it reminds me of our coach. One thing about the Baltimore Ravens is that we have the guys that are stars or whatever you want to call them, but no one is bigger than their team, and thats what makes the Baltimore Ravens special. Weve got a general, Ray Lewis, thats going to be a Hall of Famer, and Ray will be the first to tell you that he wants to be there to shine amongst others, and thats how our team is. Coach Schiano implemented that same kind of format in us.

Posted by Rick Stroud at 9:27:51 pm on January 28, 2013

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 29, 2013, 01:31:32 AM

Well that was cool to read.  :)

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 29, 2013, 07:52:55 AM

But I thought the players hated playing for Schiano....eye roll

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 29, 2013, 07:57:40 AM

But I thought the players hated working hard....

That is what it REALLY sounds like to me.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 29, 2013, 08:53:17 AM

But I thought the players hated working hard....

That is what it REALLY sounds like to me.

Yes players hate working hard, but I don't think it bother to many of them. The few of the ones it did bother got shipped down the river.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2013, 09:01:31 AM

The hard work has dual purposes: 1) It makes players better, both individually AND within the team framework, and 2) It quickly identifies which guys don't want to be there...

Piratic

Second String

#6 : January 30, 2013, 08:11:07 AM

Great takes, NDY. The second one cannot be overstated, and that's why I think there will be at least a couple of surprise cuts/trades before next season starts.
When this roster truly begins to play for EACH OTHER, the sky is the limit.

Through 16 games, it's impossible to call the Schiano hire a mistake. I'm on board. 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ravens RB Rice lauds team-first approach of his former coach Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools