Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 Very Likely Buccaneers' Mock Drafts « previous next »
Page: 1

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 29, 2013, 04:15:44 PM

BEST CASE SCENARIO
1. Sheldon Richardson, DT - Missouri
1. Desmond Trufant, CB - Wahington (TRADE UP Using our 2nd + 4th Round Pick)
2. Logan Ryan, CB - Rutgers (TRADE UP Using our 3rd + 5th + Swap 7th Round Picks)
4. Gavin Escobar, TE - San Diego State
5. Quinton Patton, WR - Louisiana Tech
7. Dennis Johnson, RB - Arkansas

MID CASE SCENARIO
1. Johnthan Banks, CB - Mississippi State
2. Sylvester WIlliams, DT - North Carolina
3. Jordan Poyer, CB - Oregon State
4. Joseph Fauria, TE - UCLA
4. Brian Winters, OT - Kent State
5. Phillip Thomas, FS - Fresno State
6. Aaron Dobson, WR - Marshall
7. Devin Taylor, DE - South Carolina

WORST CASE SCENARIO
1. Dion Jordan, DE - Oregon (I like him as a player but we don't need a DE as much as we need a DT or CB)
2. Zac Ertz, TE - Stanford (Again he is a good player but this is when we start getting nervous that we passed on most of the good CBs and DTs)
3. Leon Mcfadden, CB - San Diego State (He would be a good player as a backup but when you need a Starter Mcfadden isn't what you want)
4. Akeem Spence, DT - Illinois (Again when you want a starter the 4th round is not where you want to pick him. It is highly unlikely a 4th round pick is even as good as Roy Miller)
4. Jelani Jenkins, OLB - Florida
5. Nigel Malone, CB - Kansas State (Probably the best pick based on value in this entire draft)
6. Justin Pugh, RT - Syracuse

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 29, 2013, 04:33:34 PM

your best case is decent but i actually think the best one is the midcase scenario. addresses ever need we have

the worst case one lives up to its name. dion jordan doesnt fit, jelani jenkins is a terrible fit since hes not a sam and we end up with a dissapointingly average draft

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2 : January 29, 2013, 04:36:01 PM

The mid one is a draft I would be happier with but I think Richardson, Trufant and Ryan all have the talent to be perfect fits for what we need them for and they can all be great players

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 29, 2013, 04:53:29 PM

I like the first one the best. I think Richardson is the exact type of player Schiano wants on defense; a relentless player with a nonstop motor who also has a ton of talent

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 29, 2013, 05:13:52 PM

Meh.... on all 3.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2013, 05:14:40 PM

"Very likely"?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 29, 2013, 05:15:26 PM

BEST CASE SCENARIO
2. Logan Ryan, CB - Rutgers (TRADE UP Using our 3rd + 5th + Swap 7th Round Picks)

Swap out Richardson, trade down in 1st (acquire 3rd round pick), draft John Jenkins (1st), draft Robert Lester (3rd). Keep the rest. THAT would be best case scenario.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 29, 2013, 05:15:43 PM

Give me the first one and I think the defense is improved for long term. I just hope we do some FA shopping too.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#8 : January 29, 2013, 05:17:29 PM

Is the best case because you get an extra 5th instead of a 6th?

You have a typo somewhere...

I don't think any scenario with two trades in the first three picks is very likely.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 29, 2013, 05:22:35 PM

BEST CASE SCENARIO

I think your trades are a bit overly optimistic.  I know the Bucs were able to pull off a 2nd and 4th for a 1st last year, but those type of deals aren't all made the same.  Last year, it cost the Bucs basically a 4th round pick to move up only 5 spots.  I've seen a lot of different places Trufant can go... ranging between 15th and 32nd.  Lets say they need to get to pick 22 (about the mid point)... that's a jump of 22 picks.  It would possibly cost the Bucs their 2nd and 3rd to get that... possibly next years 2nd instead of this years 3rd.  If this first trade costs a 2nd and 3rd, it makes your other trade impossible.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 30, 2013, 08:35:18 AM

BEST CASE SCENARIO

I would not mind this at all...I think those top 3 would step right in and make us better, but as another poster said, very hard to speculate what it would take to trade to move back up.  According to this its costing a 3rd, 4th, and 5th to move back into the first round and I just dont see that happening.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 Very Likely Buccaneers' Mock Drafts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools