Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Wallace looking for Vincent Jackson type money. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 29, 2013, 12:08:14 AM

Mike Wallace | Wide Receiver

Team:  Pittsburgh Steelers
Age / DOB:   (26) / 8/1/1986
Ht / Wt:   6'0' / 199
College:  Mississippi

• 2013: Free Agent

Per CBS' Jason La Canfora, free agent Mike Wallace is said to be seeking $10-$11 million per year on his next contract.According to La Canfora's sources, the Steelers are not planning on franchising Wallace, and they do not anticipate meeting his aforementioned salary demands, even though it's expected that other teams will value him at that rate. Wallace has certainly played his last down for the Steelers. Wallace, 26, will be aiming for what Vincent Jackson got from the Bucs last offseason -- five years, $55.55 million with $26 million guaranteed.

Jan 28 - 6:27 PM

Source: CBS Sports
: January 29, 2013, 01:28:26 AM michael89156

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 29, 2013, 12:32:45 AM

That is HUGE money.   But the Bucs overpaid for VJax setting the market.   Wallace deserves it.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 29, 2013, 01:00:22 AM

That is HUGE money.   But the Bucs overpaid for VJax setting the market.   Wallace deserves it.
huge money? Look at what Larry Fitzgerald got.. Thats huge money. Wallace has not done anything the two seasons.
: January 29, 2013, 01:20:19 AM baybuc35

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 29, 2013, 01:03:16 AM

What crazy is paying Fitz that $$ when you have no one to get him the ball.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 29, 2013, 02:52:16 AM

Mike Williams looking for Vincent Jackson type money.

Hopefully that won't be the case after next season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 29, 2013, 02:57:42 AM

Mike Williams looking for Vincent Jackson type money.

Hopefully that won't be the case after next season.
I thought I read that when I saw this thread.
Mike Wallace is a good player, but I don't see him getting VJax money.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : January 29, 2013, 06:11:09 AM

VJax doesn't have anyone to get him the ball either.

southflbucfan

Practice Squad

#7 : January 29, 2013, 07:46:00 AM

Hey Moron, V Jack had career numbers with Freeman throwing to him.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 29, 2013, 08:53:00 AM

Jackson, Wallace, Williams, they'd have to pay Freeman now before he throws 50 TDs.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 29, 2013, 08:56:20 AM

Coincidental.....

Freeman had his problems but people want to erase everything good that he did and he did a lot of things very well. He did a lot of things better than they had ever been done in Tampa. Unfortunately his 3rd down conversion percentage did hurt us all year and that seems to be the only thing people can think about these days.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

geetech84

Starter

#10 : January 29, 2013, 12:27:19 PM

Coincidental.....

Freeman had his problems but people want to erase everything good that he did and he did a lot of things very well. He did a lot of things better than they had ever been done in Tampa. Unfortunately his 3rd down conversion percentage did hurt us all year and that seems to be the only thing people can think about these days.

Can't fault him all the way with the 3rd down play...when your TE can't make people miss,fight for a 1st down or your slot/3rd WR can't get open or run the right route...

Hope the Bucs bring in a young stud TE, and a vet 3rd/ slot WR..like a Brian Hartline in Free Agent

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 29, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

Coincidental.....

Can't fault him all the way with the 3rd down play...when your TE can't make people miss,fight for a 1st down or your slot/3rd WR can't get open or run the right route...

Hope the Bucs bring in a young stud TE, and a vet 3rd/ slot WR..like a Brian Hartline in Free Agent

Don't need Wallace but we do need that  ^^^^^^   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 29, 2013, 09:30:31 PM

mike wallace is obviously on drugs if he thinks he deserves Vjax money. dude was way too inconsistent to get that kind of money. sure hes fast but he drops way too many passes

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 29, 2013, 09:40:21 PM

VJax doesn't have anyone to get him the ball either.

I've never in my life seen a guy that was such a whore for attention

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 29, 2013, 10:37:06 PM

Jackson, Wallace, Williams, they'd have to pay Freeman now before he throws 50 TDs.
Oh yeah, because my blood pressure doesn't go high enough with Freeman overthrowing two #1 receivers 50 times a game.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Wallace looking for Vincent Jackson type money. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools