Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the 2012 Offensive Lines « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 29, 2013, 12:34:20 AM

Ranking the 2012 Offensive Lines

Khaled Elsayed | 2013/01/28

ProFootballFocus

18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (last season 23]

PB 12th, RB 14th, PEN 28th

Stud: Hes not an elite left tackle as some would have you believe, but Donald Penn (+15.0) isnt the type to let you down often especially when the cameras are focused on him.

Dud: The Bucs never figured that Jamon Meredith (-9.4) would be required to start. Injury meant that he had to, unfortunately, and he was the weak link in pass protection while offering little in the run game.

Summary: They spent an awful lot of money on guards, yet injuries meant that Davin Joseph missed the entire year and Carl Nicks was limited to 455 snaps. The good news is both should be back next year, while they seem to have realized starting Jeremy Trueblood wasnt a good idea. Demar Dotson played like a starter.

For the complete list............https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/

McCoy93

Starter

#1 : January 29, 2013, 12:53:19 AM

I know i might be the minority in this. But i would love it if the bucs spent a 1st on a tackle whether it be Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson. Getting one of these tackles would be good value at 13

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 29, 2013, 01:01:22 AM

I know i might be the minority in this. But i would love it if the bucs spent a 1st on a tackle whether it be Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson. Getting one of these tackles would be good value at 13
I agree with you completely, especially if Fisher is there.  Penn isn't going to play forever, so if we have the opportunity to find his replacement, we should jump on it.  At the very least I hope we upgrade depth in the middle rounds with guys like Schwenke or Jordan Mills, who both showed well during senior bowl week.

southflbucfan

Practice Squad

#3 : January 29, 2013, 07:58:55 AM

Isn't Schwenke the number 1 rated center?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 29, 2013, 08:01:23 AM

Isn't Schwenke the number 1 rated center?

Schwenke seems to be a better fit for a zone blocking scheme

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 29, 2013, 08:03:16 AM

I agree.  I don't think there is a chance that Fisher will slide but Lane Johnson is a guy that I am sure the Bucs will consider.  Immediate starter at RT which moves Dotson to the swing tackle spot and long term replacement at LT.  If the Bucs can trade down and still get Johnson then even better

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 29, 2013, 01:16:59 PM

doubt we could trade down and still get johnson but id definately be ok with drafting a future LT

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 29, 2013, 01:20:19 PM

There's not an offensive lineman on the roster drafted by the Bucs since 2008. It would seem the team is going to have to replenish the unit with some younger talent soon.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 29, 2013, 01:22:43 PM

Penn is an overrated fat guy who butt-tackles. He needs to be included in a trade for Revis Island.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

PewterG@tor

Starter
#9 : January 29, 2013, 04:12:51 PM

I gotta say that I wouldn't mind seeing the team draft Chance Warmack and play him at right guard and send Davin and his bloated salary packing.  This move upgrades the position significantly and also opens up cap space.  Win-win

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 30, 2013, 10:34:06 AM

Joseph and Trueblood signed contract worth $62.5M in 2011, played all year, and team ranked 23rd among NFL OL's.  In 2012, Joseph missed the entire year because of an injury and Trueblood was outplayed by a scrub.  How could the offensive line have a higher ranking than last season when the team invested $62.5M worth of contracts on the OL in 2011?  I suppose PFF really does just have a personal hatred against Davin Joseph and Jeremy Trueblood.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the 2012 Offensive Lines « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools