Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Pick- Matt Flynn or Alex Smith as Josh Freeman's Competition? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 29, 2013, 03:05:58 PM

Well for $10 million guaranteed, I would hope so Sunny D, especially since he played in the same offense in Green Bay and he was matched up against a rookie.

In fact, Flynn led the team to 4 field goals in 10 possessions, and averaged a mighty 3.9 yards per attempt.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 29, 2013, 03:06:01 PM

Neither... I would rather find one in the draft.

Yup. If not this draft, then definitely the next draft.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 29, 2013, 03:10:06 PM

I'd trade a 1st round pick for a fan base that supported their team.

So it's impossible to be a supporter of the Bucs while believing that Freeman may not be the long term answer at QB?....

Gotcha.
: January 29, 2013, 03:33:02 PM chace1986

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 29, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

So it's impossible to be a supporter of the Bucs while believing that Freeman may not be the long term answer at QB?....

Gotcha.

Yup. The Freeman hate is the epitome of a low IQ, front running fan base.

And stop using my GIF

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 29, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

Gotcha.

Yup. The Freeman hate is the epitome of a low IQ, front running fan base.

And stop using my GIF

How narrow-minded of you.

..and it's no longer just your GIF.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 29, 2013, 03:38:38 PM

and Wilson maybe better thsn Josh.

Agreed. Wilson is better in coverage and is a better pass rusher, especially in the 4th qtr with the lead. Wilson also is better in homefield advantage, because the Seahawks actually have, you know, people at the game making noise.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 29, 2013, 03:40:41 PM

I don't see any rookie beating out Freeman.

There won't be a rookie or veteran FA that will beat Freeman out.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 29, 2013, 04:26:45 PM

Agreed. Wilson is better in coverage and is a better pass rusher, especially in the 4th qtr with the lead. Wilson also is better in homefield advantage, because the Seahawks actually have, you know, people at the game making noise.

Am I imagining things, or are you starting to fluff Freeman more than the great Luke McCown?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 29, 2013, 04:39:09 PM

I like Freeman JC.

Competition should be a positive thing for any player and if its not, then you have a bigger problem.

I think we could get Flynn for peanuts and he would be legitimate competition for Josh.

Ideally Flynn's prescence lights a fire under Josh and he finally puts iy all together.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 29, 2013, 04:40:31 PM

Saying Russell Wilson may be better than Josh doesnt constitute "Freeman bashing"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 29, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

Saying Russell Wilson may be better than Josh doesnt constitute "Freeman bashing"

Correct, it constitutes common sense.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 29, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

Flynn. His deep ball to T.O. in the pre-season had more touch than any of Freemans throws all season (slight exaggeration of course). He is younger than Alex Smith and will most likely be cheaper to obtain.

Freeman has no problem with the deep pass . It's the short to intermediate passes he struggles with.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : January 29, 2013, 05:39:10 PM

"I'd trade a 1st round pick for a fan base that supported their team."

Gullible simpletons who mindlessly agree with everything the team does can usually be had after the draft for nothing.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 29, 2013, 06:59:34 PM

Am I imagining things, or are you starting to fluff Freeman more than the great Luke McCown?
Unpossible.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 29, 2013, 08:27:02 PM

I would choose Alex Smith just because he will probably be a FA and not cost the Bucs any draft picks to obtain him. I'd be more than willing to offer up a 4th round selection for either but Dominik loves draft picks and is unlikely to offer any for at a minimum is going to be insurance in case Josh continues not to progress.

Thoughts? I'm off to work. I'll check back later.

You must be smoking something serious if Alex Smith would want to come here as a backup. I can see him going to Arizona.

That^^^

There are too many QB needy teams for Alex to come here to 'compete'.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Pick- Matt Flynn or Alex Smith as Josh Freeman's Competition? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools