Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Pick- Matt Flynn or Alex Smith as Josh Freeman's Competition? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#60 : January 31, 2013, 05:41:53 PM

Much the same way the Ravens are handling Flacco right now.

The Ravens got burned on that deal and it's going to cost them a fortune.   I think just the opposite happens with Freeman and he's off the team by 2014.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#61 : January 31, 2013, 05:58:16 PM

I don't think competition is a good idea.  The coaching staff should have a good idea if Freeman is their guy (based on how he practices, breaks down film, etc.)  If he's not, offer him up for trade now, preferably for high picks next season.  Then go after Smith or Flynn as a replacement.  For the record, I prefer Flynn. I just think Smith is a product of Harbaugh's coaching and understanding how to maximize his talents.  At least Flynn has been a backup to a couple of pretty good QB's in Rodgers and Wilson.  We roll with him next season, and if it doesn't work out we'll have extra picks next season to maneuver and get Bridgewater/Manziel/Mariota next .  If the team has serious doubts about Freeman's ability to improve his accuracy, decision making, and infomation processing, then they should cut ties now.  If they wait and Freeman stinks it up next season they could still try to tag and trade him, but that would severely decrease his value.  His value will never be higher than it is now thanks to his age, experience, stats, and weakness of FA/draft.

If the coaching staff believe in Freeman, then we shouldn't need a back-up plan.  Maybe sign Moore to upgrade the #2 spot, but they should be all in on Freeman if he's truly their guy.

Either way, this is the most important decision in Schiano's tenure.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#62 : January 31, 2013, 08:21:58 PM

Not sure if everyone is aware of it but Josh and Kaepernick are both 25.....just sayin'

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 31, 2013, 09:00:44 PM

Head or Gut?

Kind of feels like the question asked by the playground bully.

Both are going to hurt.

# PAIN

Turn the page.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Pick- Matt Flynn or Alex Smith as Josh Freeman's Competition? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools