Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Williams place in history « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 30, 2013, 11:16:46 AM

Put Freeman in his prime on that 1979 team and they wouldn't have made the playoffs.   He's no winner.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 30, 2013, 12:44:55 PM

Put Freeman in his prime on that 1979 team and they wouldn't have made the playoffs.   He's no winner.

Didn't Selmon tell Janye Kennedy before the Rams game, the bucs would just get a tie by shutting them out?
He was right, but the defense failed, it gave up 9 points, already 1 single point was too much for Dougie anyway... against a defense on a broken leg.

Early that year they held the Rams to a season low of 6 points, D Williams completed FIVE passes... for 2 TD though, lol.

Weapons? LMAO Vjax has his best season ever, despite having Brees and Rivers as his QBs earlier in his career to catch ball off. Looks like our QB makes an above average WR look good...pro bowl worthy.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 30, 2013, 01:56:20 PM

He would have scored at least one TD against the Rams, which is more than Williams managed to do. Freeman is far more accurate. There is no doubt they would have reached the SB with him.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 30, 2013, 06:43:53 PM

No he wouldn't have.  Because the Bucs wouldn't have been in the playoffs to play the Rams in the first place.    Freeman's not enough of a winner to make the playoffs.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 30, 2013, 06:45:21 PM

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 30, 2013, 09:47:29 PM

I'm curious.   Where are the guys who like to call me a racist at while I'm defending Doug Williams?    I guess it doesn't fit their agenda.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 30, 2013, 10:38:53 PM

I'm curious.   Where are the guys who like to call me a racist at while I'm defending Doug Williams?    I guess it doesn't fit their agenda.

Why would you even bring race into the conversation? Maybe you have more of an issue with Freeman because he is of a mixed race. How the hell would I know? Freeman's stats are clearly superior, even with poor coaching and a young inexperienced roster around him. I think your prejudice is just against this team. You never have anything good to say about anyone. You condemn the coaches and players consistently. You don't support anything Buccaneer at all. You just attack and denigrate. It can't be racial. You attack everybody. You're just a troll, but you troll with a mindless vengeance. You leave logic and reasoning behind.

I am a fan of this team. You are clearly not.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 30, 2013, 11:15:00 PM

Not true.   I like some of the players.    Mike Williams, VJax, Doug Martin, Lorig, Joseph, Nicks, Dallas Clark, Ronde, Barth, Koenan, Ahmad Black, McCoy, Clayborn, David, Stocker.   That's all I can think of that I like a the moment.   Damn sure not Freeman.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 31, 2013, 02:55:35 PM

Not true.   I like some of the players.    Mike Williams, VJax, Doug Martin, Lorig, Joseph, Nicks, Dallas Clark, Ronde, Barth, Koenan, Ahmad Black, McCoy, Clayborn, David, Stocker.   That's all I can think of that I like a the moment.   Damn sure not Freeman.

So, as long as Freeman is the QB and Schiano is the coach, you are going to be a troll. That's not a question. It's a statement of fact.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 31, 2013, 04:32:50 PM

So, as long as Freeman is the QB and Schiano is the coach, you are going to be a troll. That's not a question. It's a statement of fact.

Same could have been said about Raheem. So?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 31, 2013, 04:43:19 PM

Raheem was FAR worse than Schiano.     If Schiano would stop his childish crap on kneel downs, I'd have far more respect for the guy.   

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 31, 2013, 05:04:28 PM

Raheem was FAR worse than Schiano.     If Schiano would stop his childish crap on kneel downs, I'd have far more respect for the guy.

No issue with you not liking Schiano, everyone should have his opnion. I wanted Gruden out of town before SB XXXVII actually ended. I did not not even expect him to be such clueless when it came to rebuilding this team ...and still i wanted someone else,  but what ever.

But i ve no no clue how Schiano would get respect for NOW STOPPING his kneel down attack? I mean he started it, kept going with it, backed up by the NFL, and now you want him to say ' i quit with, i do what everyone else does, because i do not want to be different than others, it might be within the rules, but being 'polically correct' is far more important. I might start to tell my defense to fake injuries tough, as SB winning coaches do aswell.'?

Still sticking to a stupid plan just to show how you are not backing down does not deserve alot of respect either, admitting your mistakes should. And i do not think its a mistake to play 60 minutes.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 31, 2013, 05:17:51 PM

How many games have the Bucs won where they pulled that childish crap on kneel downs?    ZERO

I rest my case.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 31, 2013, 05:23:04 PM

How many games have the Bucs won where they pulled that childish crap on kneel downs?    ZERO

I rest my case.

We won ZERO games trying a onside kick. Pretty low chance aswell. Still there are teams trying this at the start of the 2nd half in a SB.

So he would get respect for stopping onside kick attempts aswell? Why not stop playing once we are trailing?

Why does he deserve any respect for stop playing WITHIN the rules?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 31, 2013, 05:29:58 PM

I rest my case.

We won ZERO games trying a onside kick.

Totally false.   The Bucs have gotten onsides kicks in the past and won games due to it.    But they have NEVER won a game where they tried that cheap kneel down crap.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Williams place in history « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools